Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

roaches.....german roaches...... :(

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

my house and car has become infested with german roaches. Those are the small brown and beige ones that scatter when the lights are turned on and leave dander behind...they are so freakin gross. I hate them. And they have infested my house and car. I have yet to see like 30 of them; I see no more than 4 at a time. But still! My house and car are relatively clean. I clean everyday. I have poured a sugar/borax mix in the cracks of the kitchen. DH found a small hole at the bottom of my car and this summer ants got in it. He sprayed my car good with some chemicals which rid the ants. I guess it didnt affect the roaches. Yesterday at work, I opened my wallet and 2 freakin roaches jumped out. I am so grossed out. Makes me feel like we are filthy! How do I get RID OF THEEEEEEEEEEM

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:39 AM
Replies (11-20):
2monstersmommy
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Good luck! I have the little fuckers and no matter how much I clean they are still here! We caolled the exterminator out 3 times and have done it ourself 2 times, and they are still around! 

If I bleach the counters and stuff before I go to sleep, I notice they come out even more! Ironic, they like clean! :)

All I can say is we are never without Raid! I wake up in the middle of the night after bleaching my counters, and spray the little bastards! I walk into the bathroom armed and ready, because that is my trouble spot!

myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:46 AM
Don't bomb or use spray.
Use boric acid. And go get some roach bait.
It can take up to 35 days to get rid of them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mehganh
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:46 AM
My so says says wash all your laundry. Go and buy (from the dollar store in the hood) TAT and put that around door jams and window openings. Then set off fumigators. Not foggers! And then leave until that is done. Good luck momma!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyCorrupt
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:46 AM
Make sure ur yard is treated too and keep the garbage cans around the outside in check. If ur neighbors yards are trashed up, that may help too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mehganh
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Oh and leave all your cabenits open and after you will need to wash everything! And then do it again in another 7 days!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Quoting 2monstersmommy:

Good luck! I have the little fuckers and no matter how much I clean they are still here! We caolled the exterminator out 3 times and have done it ourself 2 times, and they are still around! 

If I bleach the counters and stuff before I go to sleep, I notice they come out even more! Ironic, they like clean! :)

All I can say is we are never without Raid! I wake up in the middle of the night after bleaching my counters, and spray the little bastards! I walk into the bathroom armed and ready, because that is my trouble spot!

I have started seeing them in the bathroom since a few days ago. AAAAAAAAAH! we've been here a little over a year and I havent had my car long. They came out of nowhere! We just got over a mouse problem too!

mamamandy420

gross sorry

amyleigh80

I would move.  I seriously have a phobia and it's not even a joke.  I would stay in a hotel and have the house tented and the care treated....my skin is crawling just thinking about it.

mommy_2_be_2010
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Idk sorry haven't had that problem and hopefully I never do

I would suggest finding the queen and killing her and her whole entire family then moving for a lil bit
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:48 AM

I feel your pain, OP. When we first moved into this house we didn't have roaches, but now we do. We've cleaned, bombed, used borax.  Nothing's really working. The neighbors have them as well. When we mow the lawn they scurry away from the lawnmower :\  It's bad.
Hopefully when we move we won't bring any along.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)