Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

roaches.....german roaches...... :(

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

my house and car has become infested with german roaches. Those are the small brown and beige ones that scatter when the lights are turned on and leave dander behind...they are so freakin gross. I hate them. And they have infested my house and car. I have yet to see like 30 of them; I see no more than 4 at a time. But still! My house and car are relatively clean. I clean everyday. I have poured a sugar/borax mix in the cracks of the kitchen. DH found a small hole at the bottom of my car and this summer ants got in it. He sprayed my car good with some chemicals which rid the ants. I guess it didnt affect the roaches. Yesterday at work, I opened my wallet and 2 freakin roaches jumped out. I am so grossed out. Makes me feel like we are filthy! How do I get RID OF THEEEEEEEEEEM

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:39 AM
Replies (21-30):
TattoodMommy19
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:49 AM
You will most likely need to call a professional for German roaches. They are practically impossible to get rid of. They live in the walls.

Best chance of killing them off is a bait and spray.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TattoodMommy19
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:50 AM
Yes, the scent of bleach actually attracts roaches!
Crazy right? Lol the exterminator told me that when they sprayed my last apartment

Quoting 2monstersmommy:

Good luck! I have the little fuckers and no matter how much I clean they are still here! We caolled the exterminator out 3 times and have done it ourself 2 times, and they are still around! 

If I bleach the counters and stuff before I go to sleep, I notice they come out even more! Ironic, they like clean! :)

All I can say is we are never without Raid! I wake up in the middle of the night after bleaching my counters, and spray the little bastards! I walk into the bathroom armed and ready, because that is my trouble spot!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mary841108
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:50 AM

you might have to call an exterminator to kill them off for you. thats freaky i am terrified of bugs lol! you can have a spotless house that martha stewart would gladly lick the floors and still have bugs in there especially if your neighbors have them they flow into other houses. good luck and keep us posted on whether or not you get rid of them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Quoting LovelyCorrupt:

Make sure ur yard is treated too and keep the garbage cans around the outside in check. If ur neighbors yards are trashed up, that may help too

hmmm this got me thinking. Our neighbor's dogs often get in our freakin trash and I missed some litter in our backyard. I need to buy some gloves and clean it up. I wonder if thats what started it

2monstersmommy
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:51 AM

I wish I had some real advice for you, but we have tried everything and can't get rid of them! Even the bombs others suggested, I mean they help, and they will kill a lot of them, but they won't get rid of them! Our numbers have dramatically decreased with persistance though! 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 2monstersmommy:

Good luck! I have the little fuckers and no matter how much I clean they are still here! We caolled the exterminator out 3 times and have done it ourself 2 times, and they are still around! 

If I bleach the counters and stuff before I go to sleep, I notice they come out even more! Ironic, they like clean! :)

All I can say is we are never without Raid! I wake up in the middle of the night after bleaching my counters, and spray the little bastards! I walk into the bathroom armed and ready, because that is my trouble spot!

I have started seeing them in the bathroom since a few days ago. AAAAAAAAAH! we've been here a little over a year and I havent had my car long. They came out of nowhere! We just got over a mouse problem too!

Pink.Sunshine
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:52 AM

oh gah gross...my skin is crawling :/. Tempo (Google it) will get rid of roaches completely and you'll never see another one. They eat it, and take it back to the nest and it kills off everyone else. Exterminators will not help. They give temporary solutions. I haven't seen a roach for decades for real.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

They are extremely difficult to get rid of. They live in the walls. You will probably need to bomb the house and your car. You definately need an exterminator!

Eta: I had an apt that was infested before we moved in. Pest control said for every 1 you see, there are about 100 in the walls. Pest control wasn't able to get rid of them. We moved at the end of our lease.

oh my god I literally just got cold chills. ew ewwwww ew ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ewwwwwwwwwwww

Miss_Frog
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Call the exterminator. Our town had an infestation of those suckers last year. They are so tiny they can hide anywhere. They like water, so if your sink drain leaks even a bit they are in heaven. They will even eat the glues that help hold your cabinets together. They usually take more than 1 treatment to get rid of because of their small size and ability to hide.

2monstersmommy
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this

And here I was thinking I was crazy! :)

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

Yes, the scent of bleach actually attracts roaches!
Crazy right? Lol the exterminator told me that when they sprayed my last apartment

Quoting 2monstersmommy:

TairyHesticle
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:53 AM
They have been around for hundreds of years because they are extremely hard to kill/get rid of. Im sorry :( Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)