Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

roaches.....german roaches...... :(

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

my house and car has become infested with german roaches. Those are the small brown and beige ones that scatter when the lights are turned on and leave dander behind...they are so freakin gross. I hate them. And they have infested my house and car. I have yet to see like 30 of them; I see no more than 4 at a time. But still! My house and car are relatively clean. I clean everyday. I have poured a sugar/borax mix in the cracks of the kitchen. DH found a small hole at the bottom of my car and this summer ants got in it. He sprayed my car good with some chemicals which rid the ants. I guess it didnt affect the roaches. Yesterday at work, I opened my wallet and 2 freakin roaches jumped out. I am so grossed out. Makes me feel like we are filthy! How do I get RID OF THEEEEEEEEEEM

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:39 AM
Replies (31-40):
Cheribomb
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:53 AM

you need to call an exterminator... omg i would DIE if they were in my wallet!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:54 AM

you will have to call the exterminator- you can try the diy route- however you will have to do that every few days and use the bait. they are the hardest ones to get rid of. they can come from anywhere. it doesn't matter if your house is clean or not. they don't care. they also like heat( something that i didn't know) like computers, outlets, telephones, cable boxes, ect.  if you call an exterminator- ask friends and family if they use it. also name brand ones- don't always mean good kwim?!! we had one that did just enough so they had to keep coming back out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:55 AM

I'd definately call the exterminator.  around where i live Orkin charges like 150 for a year. They come back 4 times in that year.... But i hear those roaches are hard as hell to get ride of.  GL!  I'd freak out

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:55 AM
i live in florida and they are like a common house guest...no joke...lol they suck!!!!

bomb your house and lay bait, its a gel type stuff in a syringe type thing....get a can of raid and spray them suckers when you see them!!!

and keep up on it! even if you dont see them any more, there is more so keep doing it! and borax takes a good 2 weeks before you actually start seeing dead ones.
Michellina11234
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Matriarch87:

Ugh. Sorry. Idk what you are getting at with the thirty to four tid bit. I thiught the rule was, if u see any in the daylight you are infested.maybe what ur are remembering is that one roach means atleast thirty roaches.

Boric acid, traps, professional bug people, super neat freakism and fire are the only ways to be ride of roaches.

This

mary841108
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:56 AM

they are attracted to the smell of bleach?!?!? what!!!!!! i use bleach constantly (we dont have a roach problem but now im scared to use bleach lol

amandae21
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Call an exterminator NOW! Those things are like the plague - once they start reproducing, they take over everything and are even harder to get rid of.

If you're having financial trouble and think you can't afford it, here's my advice- call a local pest control company (not a monster like Orkin or Terminex, they aren't as flexible) and ask for someone to come out to give you a quote (this is free). When it comes time for dollar signs, explain to the tech that you are having financial difficulties and that it's more than you expected. My DH is in the pest control business. He has a heart. The average price is $90-120 for an averaged size home but if it were my DH he'd drop it down to $50-75 or possibly do it under the table for even less (which he can get away with because it's his family's business and he's in management).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:02 AM

bombs don't work- they don't have a very long life. so the ones that you do see where about to die. the rest just go to sleep. that is what the exterminator told me

Quoting 2monstersmommy:

I wish I had some real advice for you, but we have tried everything and can't get rid of them! Even the bombs others suggested, I mean they help, and they will kill a lot of them, but they won't get rid of them! Our numbers have dramatically decreased with persistance though! 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 2monstersmommy:

Good luck! I have the little fuckers and no matter how much I clean they are still here! We caolled the exterminator out 3 times and have done it ourself 2 times, and they are still around! 

If I bleach the counters and stuff before I go to sleep, I notice they come out even more! Ironic, they like clean! :)

All I can say is we are never without Raid! I wake up in the middle of the night after bleaching my counters, and spray the little bastards! I walk into the bathroom armed and ready, because that is my trouble spot!

I have started seeing them in the bathroom since a few days ago. AAAAAAAAAH! we've been here a little over a year and I havent had my car long. They came out of nowhere! We just got over a mouse problem too!

wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:02 AM

The best was is to get a pack of foggers and bomb your house and spray your car.

They can come in in a bag of potatoes or in a cardboard box. They are hard as hell to get rid of but if you don't get rid of them now, they are just going to keep muitiplying. 

If bombing your house doesn't work, get an exterminator ASAP

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:04 AM
I had to call Orkin to get rid of ours. Took him coming out every month for 6m. But they are finally gone!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN