Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Confession of the day

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

I had horrible parents and I still don't forgive them years later,but should I?

I'll try to make a long story short. My mom is a druggie who constantly abandoned me for drugs and other men, leaving frequently. Sometimes she would be gone for a week sometimes for a year and sometimes longer than that. She left me with an abusive alcoholic and made no attempt to contact me any of the times she left, but then has the nerve to say I'm a brat and makes up lies to give examples of what a good mother she is Infront of other people. She has stolen from me, put drugs on me with me knowing (slipping them in my purse) in case cops ever caught her again, she started me on drugs and drinking when I was 11. I was raped by my uncle when I was 12 and she called me a lying slut, so did my dad, and they both still talk to him and about him around me. Also when I was 12 I attempted suicide and when in the hospital for a month, and a mental hospital. She came to visit me once and all she had to say was "You're so pathetic you can't even kill yourself right". My dad constantly made fun of my weight even when I was 110 pounds. Even now, if he see's me without makeup, dressed up, tanned, and nails done he'll make mean comments on how I'm not a proper woman. He refused to let me get my driving permit when I was younger because I was just like my "nigger loving mom" (who cheated on him with a black guy, and the black guy was a possible father of mine, that is why he says that) and that I would leave if I could drive. He constantly was drunk and did nothing but bully me. When my mom finally left for good I moved in with her and getting drugs was more important than having food or electricity. She would flip out and accuse me of stealing them because she did them and forgot she did them. And then I find out that the man I called dad isn't my real father. And they both knew it.  So she left me with an abusive alcoholic who wasn't even my real dad, and he knew he wasn't my real dad which is why he was always so pissed off at me. She has said sorry a few times through out my life for some things, others she acts like she doesn't even remember. The ones she said sorry for, she's never changed them. She said sorry, but always continued. And my dad, not my bio dad I've never met him, has never said sorry.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mamamandy420
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:50 AM

I guess it depends on how sorry they are and how much harm they caused you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Updated

Quoting mamamandy420:

I guess it depends on how sorry they are and how much harm they caused you.

MountieMama
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:01 AM
I would walk away
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:10 AM

I don't live with them now, but mom is always trying to borrow money off of me.

Quoting MountieMama:

I would walk away

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)