Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My step son broke my boys' XBOX 360 update with a poll

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 272 Replies

Poll

Question: Which is better

Options:

No Christmas presents for SS

Make him work it off over the next 5 months and until he works it off he may not use the xbox at all

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 197

View Results

He was mad because when he came over the other day, my boys were already playing a game and didn't want to start over so that he can play (they said he could play next game). He got so mad that they wouldn't let him play that he picked up the xbox and threw it. It is now broken. I think that we should replace the xbox for my kids instead of buying SS's Christmas presents. DH thinks that we should just replace the XBOX and still get SS's Christmas and just get all the kids less for Christmas (so that we have the money to buy the new XBOX.) I don't think it's fair to my kids to get less for Christmas so that we can replace the XBOX that SS broke. What do you think?

Me and DH are currently talking and we are thinking that another idea might be better. Instead of not giving him Christmas presents make him pay it off buy doing a certain list of chores each time he comes over for the next 5 months (only a couple hours each since, understandable, DH does want to spend time with him). In addition to making him do the chores, he can't use the new xbox, which we will have to buy, until he pays it off. Then I am also thinking that even then, he should have to ask my sons if he may use it since it is their's.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:20 AM
19 moms liked this
I think birth mom should buy your son a new Xbox.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:21 AM

The mom (who he lives with most of the time) is not willing to replace it and we can't make her since DH is also his parent

Quoting Anonymous:

I think birth mom should buy your son a new Xbox.

areyouatroll
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this
How old are they?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:23 AM

My boys are 7 and 10, SS is 8

Bethsunshine
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:23 AM

BUMP!

areyouatroll
5 moms liked this
What would you do if one of your kids broke it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:23 AM

How old are the boys?

b.futlz

does he get allowance? i would replace the xbox and make him pay you back 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

BabyBrooke13
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:24 AM
4 moms liked this

well when you married dh you married all of him including his son . . . his son became your son and the xbox was his too . . . I do not agree with his behavior, but i also don't agree with taking away something that only comes around once a year . . . if each kid got a little less they wouldn't make a big deal out of it unless you did . . . i would still make sure your ss got gift for xmas, but because of his behavior I also wouldn't let him play with the new xbox for a long while . . .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Quoting areyouatroll:

What would you do if one of your kids broke it?

If one of them broke it, it would be replaced and they wouldn't get anything for Christmas. Exactly as I feel we should do to SS

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN