Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My daughter's asleep, and I have a job. So why are YOU on here?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

When I see these posts that say shit like "I'm a such and such, ask me anything" I can't help but notice that they never come from anyone that I would actually even WANT to have a conversation with. Bragging about being on PA, but not working or contributing to your own family. That is not what a SAHM is. That is just laziness. . Does anyone else wonder why they aren't playing with their kids if they are that bored?

For the record, it's naptime in THIS house. My house is clean to;)..lol I'm a SAHM, but I clean houses and bust my ass in the evening when my husband gets home so that he doesn't have all the financial weight on his shoulders. If you CAN'T work, thats understandable. But to be able-bodied enough to sit around and play online all day shows me that you COULD do some type of job. Just my thoughts....

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Replies (101-110):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:56 AM

I'm at work. Kids are in daycare. House is clean. My job ebbs and flows. It's an ebb period right now, so I am online. In 2 weeks I will have the data I need and will  be so swamped I won't be on at all for a while.

I never come on here when i am at home.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:57 AM
Me who posted what?

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh. So it was you that posted that. Ok

Quoting Anonymous:

Wait... What? Able-bodied enough to sit around? That... Really doesn't take much.

Glad you're able-bodied enough to criticize other people's family dynamics and financial choices. Have fun with that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Exactly, read the post. I am asking if anyone else feels the same way I do. About people who brag about being worthless government mooches. Not everyone, just the ones that brag. jesus christ, i had to spell it out for ya didn't i?

Quoting Anonymous:

Me who posted what?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Wait... What? Able-bodied enough to sit around? That... Really doesn't take much.

Glad you're able-bodied enough to criticize other people's family dynamics and financial choices. Have fun with that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:14 PM
Maybe you aren't as talented a writer as you seem to think.
"If you CAN'T work, thats understandable. But to be able-bodied enough to sit around and play online all day shows me that you COULD do some type of job."
Nowhere in this little nugget did you differentiate between a SAHM and a "moocher." In fact, you implied that if someone "could" work but chooses not to, then they are one of the moochers you so eloquently attacked in your first paragraph.
So, yes, I suppose you did have to spell it out for me, because your original post didn't make a damn bit of sense.
And for the record, I have a part-time job AND work from home, as well as doing volunteer work for various charities. Hopefully that serves to illustrate for you that just because someone doesn't agree with you does not mean they are on the defensive or even fit into the category you're judging.

Quoting Anonymous:

Exactly, read the post. I am asking if anyone else feels the same way I do. About people who brag about being worthless government mooches. Not everyone, just the ones that brag. jesus christ, i had to spell it out for ya didn't i?

Quoting Anonymous:

Me who posted what?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

carryannsmommy
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:22 PM
I have a part time job I am a shift manager at a theater it is my day off. Thank god I don't work tonight ( opening night of twilight) my little one is in school. I also have a home base business and volunteer a lot in her school. We have never gotten pa.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:25 PM

That last sentence, "If you can't work"....was also intended for adn addressed to the MOMS WHO BRAG ABOUT BEING ON PA AND DON't WORK. I also stated that that is not, in my opinion, called a SAHM, that is being a mooch. If you are a SAHM, and you DON'T work, and yuou still receive PA, then by all means, work it sister. If you aren't being petty and spiteful by milking the system when you don't need it then I don't understand why you are upset in the first place?

Quoting Anonymous:

"If you CAN'T work, thats understandable. But to be able-bodied enough to sit around and play online all day shows me that you COULD do some type of job."
Nowhere in this little nugget did you differentiate between a SAHM and a "moocher." In fact, you implied that if someone "could" work but chooses not to, then they are one of the moochers you so eloquently attacked in your first paragraph.
So, yes, I suppose you did have to spell it out for me, because your original post didn't make a damn bit of sense.
And for the record, I have a part-time job AND work from home, as well as doing volunteer work for various charities. Hopefully that serves to illustrate for you that just because someone doesn't agree with you does not mean they are on the defensive or even fit into the category you're judging.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Me who posted what?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:28 PM

also, if you weren't able to understand that I did differentiate between the two, then I apologize. I will use smaller words next time. But from what I'm reading, most of the mom's on here get what I'm saying. the post that this was written in response to was deleted. Shocking. But I'm sure other rememebr reading it today. Go drink some coffee and wake up:)

Quoting Anonymous:

That last sentence, "If you can't work"....was also intended for adn addressed to the MOMS WHO BRAG ABOUT BEING ON PA AND DON't WORK. I also stated that that is not, in my opinion, called a SAHM, that is being a mooch. If you are a SAHM, and you DON'T work, and yuou still receive PA, then by all means, work it sister. If you aren't being petty and spiteful by milking the system when you don't need it then I don't understand why you are upset in the first place?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Me who posted what?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I was going to answer the question but then realized this was more of an effort to pat yourself on the back than it was an honest question so I'm just going to pat you on the back and move on.

mkh615
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:52 PM

It's naptime. House is so so. Could be worse. I'm exhausted and I think I'm going to take a nap. I'm an MSN student in the evening from Sept-May. I'll probably clean a bit later...Baby is will be here in 27 days. I have time...

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Again, there are other reasons to disagree with someone than being part of the group being targeted. I am a college graduate (double major, double minor), and worked for over a year helping people who were mentally ill and previously homeless by providing thereapeutic services and linking them with community services, including PA. I've seen the struggles and hardships they went through just to get services and supports, as well as the tiny amount of help that was usually given. Are there PA abusers? Absolutely. But without the context of the post that this is a S/O from, the tone of this post just comes off very judgemental. THAT is what I have an issue with. Also, I originally only commented on one sentence that I found nonsensical, along with the judgemental tone. You then jumped to assuming that I was some PA abuser. You could have easily continued in an actual discussion instead of dismissing me completely.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Me who posted what?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)