Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My daughter's asleep, and I have a job. So why are YOU on here?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

When I see these posts that say shit like "I'm a such and such, ask me anything" I can't help but notice that they never come from anyone that I would actually even WANT to have a conversation with. Bragging about being on PA, but not working or contributing to your own family. That is not what a SAHM is. That is just laziness. . Does anyone else wonder why they aren't playing with their kids if they are that bored?

For the record, it's naptime in THIS house. My house is clean to;)..lol I'm a SAHM, but I clean houses and bust my ass in the evening when my husband gets home so that he doesn't have all the financial weight on his shoulders. If you CAN'T work, thats understandable. But to be able-bodied enough to sit around and play online all day shows me that you COULD do some type of job. Just my thoughts....

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Replies (111-120):
MelisaAnderson
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:54 PM
I'm at work, all my work is done and I'm bored.. So I get on cafe mom to help the day pass
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jeannie39
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mysecrets:

I dont work for a few hours and I dont feel like doing much.  My house is normally pretty clean and im usually more put together but today is the one week mark since I lost my baby.  Nobody is complaining around here that im being lazy this week.  I will clean tomorrow.  Keeping up on dishes, laundry and dinner is really all I can manage right now.  

So sorry for your lose. I've been there. You may not believe it now, but it does get bearable with time. Take all the time you need to put yourself back together.You are the only person to decide when that will be. Good luck to you and your family. <3

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Well, my house is clean, laundry done, dinner made and kids taken care of. It's possible to CM and do those things...lol

ColieO
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Because I'd be ripping out my lady parts with metal tongs if i wasn't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hello_kitty25
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:43 PM

I dont know why people started making those posts. But im on here because i cleaned the house last night, and baby is ASLEEP believe it or not! cause i dont!

raegansmom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I want a sleeping child!!!

Quoting alwayskk:

No. I notice that people who make these posts always have children who are sleeping.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Ok well I work but not really sure its anyone elses concern when someone is or if they work. 

metzeli
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:48 PM

im at work while on her so Im multitasking.

AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:49 PM

My son is napping too. You aren't a SAHM if you have a job. I work evenings and weekends and attend college full time two days a week. I spend too much time on here.

MissLoveLyfe
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:50 PM
Well, my dd got out of school, I helped her with her homework, we ate a snack together while she told me about her day and is now reading a book while I cook dinner and play on cm. My house is clean and I have nothing else to do.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN