Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My daughter's asleep, and I have a job. So why are YOU on here?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

When I see these posts that say shit like "I'm a such and such, ask me anything" I can't help but notice that they never come from anyone that I would actually even WANT to have a conversation with. Bragging about being on PA, but not working or contributing to your own family. That is not what a SAHM is. That is just laziness. . Does anyone else wonder why they aren't playing with their kids if they are that bored?

For the record, it's naptime in THIS house. My house is clean to;)..lol I'm a SAHM, but I clean houses and bust my ass in the evening when my husband gets home so that he doesn't have all the financial weight on his shoulders. If you CAN'T work, thats understandable. But to be able-bodied enough to sit around and play online all day shows me that you COULD do some type of job. Just my thoughts....

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Replies (51-60):
jenesis915
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Ima sahm I do classes online so hopefully by the time dd starts school I can be done with mine and start working :) although I wanna do something part time right now I jut don't know what I'm in a tiny town with seasonal jobs lol so right now no one wants me lol and dd is asleep right now to lol I do play with her!:p
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lilbosslady1978
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Easy.  I am the Office Manager.  When I have nothing to do, I can do whatever I want.  I am choosing the fuckery that is CM.  All of those posts (and these posts) never fail to amuse me. 

I was a SAHM while my kids were little.  I worked my ass off.  I cooked three meals (two - the third was generally left overs LOL), homeschooled, and cleaned every day...not to mention homeschool co-op activities, library, and going to the park almost daily.

jbirdsladie27
Husband? Man? Wtf that got to do with my reply and no I'm not the OP

Quoting chaoticmess:

Lmao husband . man . so its all the same. but are you the op ?

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

I'm home because my Dr.s said so, and I'm watching my 16 yr old eat his breakfast because he's home from school until Jan. 7th because his Dr.s said so and for the record , my house isn't as clean as I like but it is what is, it'll get clean clean soon enoug

Mrs.Winchester

I'm confused,  your headline asks why we are on here,  and your post describes ask me anything posts and brings up people on PA and those that choose not to work.... I'm not sure you know WHAT you want to bitch about,  maybe a combination of all 3?  And for the record the only ask me a anything posts that I've saw about welfare were from trolls trying to stir up drama.

Why does it bother you so much how other people live their lives?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm mainly just here to piss everyone off and as for my kids I don't know where they,  I saw them a minute ago they were asking for a lighter and some duct tape,  i'm sure they are fine!  Whelp time to hit the crack pipe again!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:05 AM
Yep, I'm just proud of my amazing husband :)

Quoting brettsmomma:

I bragged about the same thing. i didn't need attention just giving props to the awesome man I am married to. :) Woot to having a good life! 

Quoting Anonymous:

No, I don't have a man, I have a husband and life partner. Lol, kids these days!

Quoting chaoticmess:

Oh please shut up! you just want attention and probably dont even have a man lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I could work if we needed me to, but since my dh makes good money, I have plenty of time to do whatever.

chaoticmess
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:06 AM
I must apologize to you both . I meant to quote someone else . wish i had an embarrassed emoticon . have a nice day ..

Quoting brettsmomma:

I bragged about the same thing. i didn't need attention just giving props to the awesome man I am married to. :) Woot to having a good life! 

Quoting Anonymous:

No, I don't have a man, I have a husband and life partner. Lol, kids these days!

Quoting chaoticmess:

Oh please shut up! you just want attention and probably dont even have a man lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I could work if we needed me to, but since my dh makes good money, I have plenty of time to do whatever.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:07 AM

"I refuse to enter a battle of wits with someone who is clearly unarmed"....one of my fav's;) I'm not bitching about anything. If you take it that way, then I'm sorry, but all i wanted to know is if anyone else thinks and wonders the same thing about these so-called "SAHM"s that refuse to work and mooch off the system, and then brag about it? It was just a question..the title was directed at the women who do these things. If you don't , then calm down.

Quoting Mrs.Winchester:

I'm confused,  your headline asks why we are on here,  and your post describes ask me anything posts and brings up people on PA and those that choose not to work.... I'm not sure you know WHAT you want to bitch about,  maybe a combination of all 3?  And for the record the only ask me a anything posts that I've saw about welfare were from trolls trying to stir up drama.

Why does it bother you so much how other people live their lives?

Kitschy
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:08 AM
Eh. My house is clean, my kids are playing in the play room. I have laundry going and I'm on the couch with a cup of coffee. We are all showered and dressed, I have makeup on. I'm not going to make shit up to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom24munchkins
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:08 AM
I homeschool. My big kids are doing math, baby is asleep. And at this very moment no one needs major assistance so I'm sitting here supervising while knitting and checking cm. Yep, right now I have 45 seconds to myself haha
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)