Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My daughter's asleep, and I have a job. So why are YOU on here?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

When I see these posts that say shit like "I'm a such and such, ask me anything" I can't help but notice that they never come from anyone that I would actually even WANT to have a conversation with. Bragging about being on PA, but not working or contributing to your own family. That is not what a SAHM is. That is just laziness. . Does anyone else wonder why they aren't playing with their kids if they are that bored?

For the record, it's naptime in THIS house. My house is clean to;)..lol I'm a SAHM, but I clean houses and bust my ass in the evening when my husband gets home so that he doesn't have all the financial weight on his shoulders. If you CAN'T work, thats understandable. But to be able-bodied enough to sit around and play online all day shows me that you COULD do some type of job. Just my thoughts....

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Replies (81-90):
epoh
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:26 AM
I'm eating lunch before a meeting at noon and class at one.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MsRkg
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Ehh I'm at work and I'm procrastinating. I should be reviewing resumes for my new hire interviews tomorrow but instead I'm on CM , watching CNN on the TV on mute , and blasting some oldies from pandora. I'm in a lazy kind of mood today. I'm waiting for my clients to get here at 1 for a business lunch .

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:27 AM
Cleaning here and on mobile :)
renner450
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Almost nap time we are cuddling on the couch and then I need to get up and shower because I have to go to work at 230.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:28 AM
I'm on bed rest. I would love to log off and clean my house but it's better to be on the sofa at home issuing orders than it is to get myself confined to hospital where I have no idea what's going on at home.
sarahsmommy508
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:30 AM
Is there a reason you care?
purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:31 AM

I do my Q&As when my sons are wanting to play by themselves, during naptime or at night after they went to bed. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Wait... What? Able-bodied enough to sit around? That... Really doesn't take much.
Glad you're able-bodied enough to criticize other people's family dynamics and financial choices. Have fun with that.
kmjmlj
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:33 AM
My day off. House is spotless. Waiting for time to leave to go to the school Thanksgiving program.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eesmommy
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:34 AM
I take breaks throughout the day. My kids have time alloyed to them that is one on one mommy time to do what they want to do, I also homeschooling so at times they are busy with lessons and I really have nothing to do. Like now, they are watching a documentary on the making of candy. They are going to watch it then journal what they learned, they don't need my help and since my house is clean and chores are done there really isn't anything I need to do.... I mean, I COULD be crafting I guess but I don't NEED to right now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)