Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My daughter's asleep, and I have a job. So why are YOU on here?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

When I see these posts that say shit like "I'm a such and such, ask me anything" I can't help but notice that they never come from anyone that I would actually even WANT to have a conversation with. Bragging about being on PA, but not working or contributing to your own family. That is not what a SAHM is. That is just laziness. . Does anyone else wonder why they aren't playing with their kids if they are that bored?

For the record, it's naptime in THIS house. My house is clean to;)..lol I'm a SAHM, but I clean houses and bust my ass in the evening when my husband gets home so that he doesn't have all the financial weight on his shoulders. If you CAN'T work, thats understandable. But to be able-bodied enough to sit around and play online all day shows me that you COULD do some type of job. Just my thoughts....

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Replies (91-100):
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:34 AM

No, I don't have a job, nor do I need one.  My husband makes oodles of money (and no, I"m not making that up).  My youngest is a senior in high school, it's still early here, I've made her a hot breakfast which is waiting for her in the warming drawer.  My husband is still asleep, he'll get up in a bit.

I don't get a job because I am the "go to" person for everything else.  I travel with my husband, I travel to help out our elderly relatives, I visit our kids who live out of state.  I take care of all errands. I pay all bills.  I do all cooking, dishes, laundry.  My husband works long erratic hours, so depending on him to do stuff around the house means it frequently wouldn't get done.

sbarg
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:38 AM

I just had surgery so I am stuck on the couch one way or the other today. We homeschool and run a home business so usually I am on here while I monitor my kids doing school work. They are all teenagers.  My house is not spottless but it will be by the time DH gets home from work and dinner will be on the table.  I am ordering everyone from my throne today....lol

mary841108
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:42 AM

what's PA? my kids are in school, hubby is at work, my house is clean and the laundry is going lol thats why i am on here :) i am a sahm too but our circumstances require me to be home. (parent in nursing home im the health proxy so i have to be able to run at a moments notice, no family to get kids to & from school, not paying a god awful amount of money for daycare/latchkey, hubby likes me home lol)

sarah.xo
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Well Said Momma!

Quoting HunternChase:

I am a stay at home mom my house is clean but I wanted to stay home and watch my kids grow up.. I am not online all day long.. I take care of what needs done.. I cook, clean and help my kids with homework.. Dinner is always hot when hubby comes home weather we eat before him or not.. Thank you!!

ashisamom
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:44 AM

My kids live with their dad during the school year so for 9 months I'm childless. Its their choice and we live 900 miles away from each other. I am currently looking for a new job...have an interview tomorrow. My place is always clean. I pop on here in between filling out online job applications. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Oh. So it was you that posted that. Ok

Quoting Anonymous:

Wait... What? Able-bodied enough to sit around? That... Really doesn't take much.
Glad you're able-bodied enough to criticize other people's family dynamics and financial choices. Have fun with that.

HunternChase
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Thanks!!

Quoting sarah.xo:

Well Said Momma!

Quoting HunternChase:

I am a stay at home mom my house is clean but I wanted to stay home and watch my kids grow up.. I am not online all day long.. I take care of what needs done.. I cook, clean and help my kids with homework.. Dinner is always hot when hubby comes home weather we eat before him or not.. Thank you!!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:47 AM
I'm supposed to be sleeping right now but for some reason I can't =/
ranawen
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:50 AM
Im just chilling with my son who is crawling around on the floor exploring. But ill be going to bed soon because I work overnights but today I have to go in early.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SC_MomofTeens
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:54 AM
Oldest dd is getting a haircut. I'm waiting for her. Then we're going to have lunch.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN