Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

**UPDATE****UPDATE**My DH pissed off the girl whose children I babysit

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:00 AM
  • 68 Replies
1 mom liked this

This should be fun. The child I babysit is 2 years old and still drinks from a bottle. I bite my tongue because even though the mother and I are friends, it's none of my business. DH I guess couldn't bite his tongue anymore and said something when the two year old showed up with a bottle this morning. The mother said, "What mommy says go." & "All of her teeth are going to fall out anyway so it doesn't really matter." So an hour ago the mother posts to FB about how some people need to learn when to speak and when to stfu. Her mother proceeds to say some people are really ignorant and they know who they are. So what to do, should I say something to her, apologize for my DH, or what? This girl knows how to hold a grudge and we do need the income.

** The mommy just text me and asked if my DH has gotten over the bottle issue. I apologized to her and told her he was out of line and should not have said anything to her and I informed her that I did tell him he should have kept his mouth shut (which I did).**

**She text me to say that her grandma would be keeping the kids from now on....so I'm completely screwed right now.**

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ivilayla
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:01 AM
If you need the income I would apologize to her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sthflachk
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:03 AM
6 moms liked this
Meh, I doubt she will find a new sitter cause of that. Just ignore the fb post and the whole situation. If she can't say it to your face its not that big of a deal. 2 is way too old for a bottle though....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nellyb118
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:03 AM
While I agree a 2 year old doesn't need a bottle, he was out of line...when she picks up her kid just tell her sorry, he should have kept his opinion to himself.
I'm sure she'll let it go,especially since she's your friend.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:05 AM
My 2 year old has a bottle once a day.
My father(a pediatrician) said that as long as you brush their teeth before they go to bed, and don't let them sleep with a bottle. That no harm will come.
My son had a seizure 10 months ago, and after it, he wouldn't eat anything except a bottle.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:06 AM

tell your die to keep his piehole shut.

gardengirl23
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Yeah, just say " Hey, I'm sorry my dh put his nose where it doesn't belong".  Something short and sweet.  Then she will know it isn't you and your dh against her.  She sounds like an immature idiot...bottle at two, thinking it doesn't matter about teeth, cryptic fb post (barf) but take the high road here.  As painful as it may be.

brittanyjenean
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:10 AM
I agree at 2 the child should not have a bottle. Her pediatrician has even said she was too old for a bottle. When she gets to my house I take one of DD's sippy cups and fill it with whatever is in the bottle. I likely will apologize for my DH yet again, that seems to be a constant. I hope she does let it go.

Quoting nellyb118:

While I agree a 2 year old doesn't need a bottle, he was out of line...when she picks up her kid just tell her sorry, he should have kept his opinion to himself.

I'm sure she'll let it go,especially since she's your friend.

brittanyjenean
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:12 AM
That's what I'm thinking, too. I didn't say anything because it's not my place. As bad as it irritates me, I keep my mouth shut and carry on. I mean what my DH said came from a good place, he is just horrible with wording anything.

Quoting gardengirl23:

Yeah, just say " Hey, I'm sorry my dh put his nose where it doesn't belong".  Something short and sweet.  Then she will know it isn't you and your dh against her.  She sounds like an immature idiot...bottle at two, thinking it doesn't matter about teeth, cryptic fb post (barf) but take the high road here.  As painful as it may be.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Your dh should have kept his opinion to himself. But how childish is it of her to pout and cry on facebook.

gardengirl23
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Yeah, I don't blame him.  Hopefully he learned from this.  You can't make idiots see this light. lol!  I used to think so in my younger days.  Now I too, stfu.  (unless I am on CM!)

Quoting brittanyjenean:

That's what I'm thinking, too. I didn't say anything because it's not my place. As bad as it irritates me, I keep my mouth shut and carry on. I mean what my DH said came from a good place, he is just horrible with wording anything.

Quoting gardengirl23:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)