Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why is stupidity and lack of basic manners / social graces acceptable???!!!

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:39 AM
  • 23 Replies
1 mom liked this

Seriously, why are we so accomodating to stupidity and trash? Why is it ok for someone to go into a professional place of business looking like they just rolled out of bed, use hideous grammar, and display their stupidity for all the world to see? For instance, this morning I was the only person at the gas station. All the other gas pumps were open apart from mine. Dumba** pulls in behind my vehicle and sits and waits for me to finish pumping. Really???? What in the world made that seem like a good idea to that individual? I was only going to pump $20, but I decided to fill up and then sit in my car for a few minutes after I was done just on principle. If he wasn't any smarter than that, he deserved to wait as far as I'm concerned. And grammar in our society needs to improve. I think it should be perfectly acceptable to take everything people say literally so it forces them to have to communicate properly. If someone tells me "I ain't got no money.", I should be allowed to respond as if they just told me they do have money. If someone doesn't give all the pertinent information for me to be able to properly respond to them, I should be allowed to sit and look at them until they decide how to properly communicate rather than having to play 20 questions with them to figure out what the heck they are trying to say. So little is expected from people anymore. It is a sad day when intelligence and proper communication are the exception rather than the norm. Yes, this is a rant.

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
garnet83
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:57 AM

BUMP!

crescentstar2
by Anne on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:58 AM
Cause you are supposed to show pity and charity to the unfortunate ;-)
UgtaBkdnMe
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:58 AM

It's the new American way, everythings ok...

atyou
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:59 AM
5 moms liked this
Dear uptight poster,

Relax. Smoke a joint.

Sincerely,
atyou
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
garnet83
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Unfortunate, yes, agreed. But willfull ignorance and sloppiness when they are capable of just basic sense and decorum?

Quoting crescentstar2:

crescentstar2
by Anne on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:08 PM

They maybe able to but do they honestly know how they are acting? If they do and you don't have to be around them move on, same if they don't. I think a lot of people haven't been taught or realize how stupid they come across. 

Quoting garnet83:

Unfortunate, yes, agreed. But willfull ignorance and sloppiness when they are capable of just basic sense and decorum?

Quoting crescentstar2:

garnet83
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:28 PM

I am only concerned when I have to interact with them. If they continue to be accomodated, they will never know or try to do better will they?

Quoting crescentstar2:

They maybe able to but do they honestly know how they are acting? If they do and you don't have to be around them move on, same if they don't. I think a lot of people haven't been taught or realize how stupid they come across. 

Quoting garnet83:

Quoting crescentstar2:

crescentstar2
by Anne on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:33 PM

True but I don't have it in me to teach them all ;-) it is frustrating though. The only actions you can control is your own 

Quoting garnet83:

I am only concerned when I have to interact with them. If they continue to be accomodated, they will never know or try to do better will they?

Quoting crescentstar2:

Quoting garnet83:

Quoting crescentstar2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

because we're supposed to be tolerant of EVERYONE. *sarcasm*

garnet83
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Yeah, I'll get right on that.

Quoting Anonymous:

because we're supposed to be tolerant of EVERYONE. *sarcasm*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured