Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confession: "I sent my kid to school with head lice!"

Posted by   + Show Post

Okay, this one gave me the heebie-jeebies JUST WATCHING IT.

My kids have already gotten a couple of "there has been a case of head lice in school" notices this year and if I found out a parent knowingly sent their kid to school with lice I would be PISSED.

And if they had the excuse THIS mom did, I'd be even MORE MAD!

What do you think about what she did - and why she did it?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Replies (101-110):
turtle68
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:18 AM

LOL....this was amusing.  such passion.  Most parents believe that their child caught it, they treated it and then to their disgust their precious caught it again...when the reality is their child never got rid of it.  They are a pain in the butt to get rid of and usually take diligence and weeks...yes weeks to fully be rid of it.  Then they could just get off you, dad or another kid just as quickly as if you spun around.

I didnt watch the video....head lice is a course of school life.  You are lucky if you manage to miss it altogether.  But Im not going to get all pissed off because someone sent their kid to school knowingly they had nits...especially if they had to work.  IMO work trumps a day off for lice.

turtle68
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:21 AM

Quoting Bellarose0212:

I think this video is BS but there is probably a parent out there with a similar excuse.

Obviously you can reschedule a hair appointment.

I never watch these whole videos. Does anyone sit here and care about these mom actors and dad actor and their reactions to things?

going on this post....a lot *scratches head* ork ork LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:43 AM
She should be ashamed of herself.

Last year my sons school had lice going through it so they did those head checks. The nurse found lice on him and called me. When I arrived at the nurse he wasn't in the nurses office. They had sent him black to class. They figured since 3 kids in his class had it the class was already contaminated. They also don't want to make it obvious which kid has it and which kid doesn't so they all go back to class until their parents come and get them. This way it just looked like I picked him up early.
Syphon
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes!  This!  I wash both my sons hair with Tea Tree shampoo every night as a preventive measure. 

Quoting Momof697:

Take a spray bottle with lavendar oil and tea tree oil drops Lice hate those oils and will stay away.  You can also put some of the oils in your liquid soaps that they use to shower/bathe with. 

smcclure2005
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:35 AM
1 mom liked this

The mom should have to cover the cost of the treatment for all other fellow classmates and such...she should be ashamed of herself and as a parent I would have to say EPIC FAIL

TheMaskedMommy
by Drama Llama on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:37 AM

Why am I not surprised?

Quoting TrouserMouse:

I did once.

It was my son's 6th grade field trip day to a ski resort. He had never been skiing and probably never will again unless he goes as an adult.  I noticed lice as he was walking out the door.  I told him to put his stocking cap on and don't take it off.  I wasn't going to make him miss that and I felt the chances of him passing it off to anyone was slim since he was going to be outside skiing all day.  He had probably had it for weeks without us knowing anyway because it was pretty bad.

TheMaskedMommy
by Drama Llama on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Nobody seems to be pointing out the obvious here... If the daughter has lice there is a very good chance the mom has it too.  AND SHE'S GONNA GO GET HER HAIR DONE?  Are you kidding me?  Salons have to completely close their doors and decontaminate EVERYTHING.  Then again that's only IF a person i honest enough to call back with a "I have lice and you cut my hair."  Otherwise the salon just sits their passing on your critters to other people.  This woman needs to be tarred and feathered.

snuggiewoogie
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:48 AM
1 mom liked this

What a completely selfish moron!!! I'm glad she's not my mom!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:50 AM
This....headlice is so common in our school system they don't even check for it anymore

Quoting Eagle293:

They won't even inform us of headlice cases here in fact they no longer call us to pick up our child if they have just secretly tell us at pick up.
WesAndNicksMom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:51 AM
I didn't watch the video but the school my boys go to does not count head lice as a reason to miss class. They send home a letter a few times a year reminding parents to still send their kids if they have it :/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured