Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mom Confession: "I sent my kid to school with head lice!"

Posted by   + Show Post

Okay, this one gave me the heebie-jeebies JUST WATCHING IT.

My kids have already gotten a couple of "there has been a case of head lice in school" notices this year and if I found out a parent knowingly sent their kid to school with lice I would be PISSED.

And if they had the excuse THIS mom did, I'd be even MORE MAD!

What do you think about what she did - and why she did it?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Replies (111-120):
smranch
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:00 AM

I remember when I was in elementary if someone had lice the entire class got their hair checked by the school nurse.  We also weren't allowed back into the school until we were nit/lice free.  Parents always got notices about a lice outbreak.  I'd be pissed if a parent intentionally sent their kid to school with lice/nits and my kid got lice. 

jeannie39
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:10 AM

Wow, talk about selfish. I would be livid if my child's classmate was knowingly sent to school with lice. That mom is ridiculous but even worse, think of the child. Can you imagine what was going on in her head all day? Worrying someone will find out and the itching. I bet every time she scratched her head, she felt everyone knew she had lice. Poor girl, plus her mom pretty much taught her to lie by omission and to think of herself instead of others. If she is anything like my kids, she would be a nervous wreck from worry by the end of the day.

The mom should have cancelled her hair appointment and fixed her child's hair problem. She could have taken care of the lice and still made it to her appointment, if it was so important.

ladyluke2007
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:24 AM

This is gross and it isn't a shame to get them just to keep them.  I have three girls and when they were growing up and in public school they would get it because others had it in the class.  I just broke out a couple of jars of real mayo.  Let it sit in the hair for a few hours and then wash it out and comb through it.  It is the cheapest and the most sensible way that I have found to get rid of the stuff. 

Lovin' Wife of John & Proud Momma to Ashley-25 (Lovin' Wife to Pat & Momma to Liam), Matt-22,Tim-21,Tasha-19, Becky-18, Davy-15, Tommy-10 & Elijah-3yrs. & Gramma of Sarah-5, Liam-3yrs. & Nathias 3/22/12, Helen & her twin Caroline 1 mon..

Threes.Company
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:28 AM

That is DISGUSTING.  I really, really hope this is not a true story.  I would be PISSED OFF if my kid were in that class.  So the whole class gets to have lice because she wants to go to the salon?  Come on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:29 AM
My mom made me go to school with lice in the 3rd grade. One crawled on my forehead and another screamed I have bugs on me. Imagine how embarrassing that was?! My mom was an idiot to do that.
Basherte
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this

She could have let her child stay home while she got her hair done, and then take her to a doctor about it.

I would have allowed her to stay home long enough to get the hair done, or cancelled the hair appointment. Knowing me, I would have cancelled the appointment. My child comes first no matter what. Of course as a SAHM, I don't have the issues of going to work. Still child and the other children that come in contact with my child, health wise, come first.

Otherwise my child comes first no matter what.

Refurbished
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:47 AM

That women no doubt is a narcissist. 

mummy24
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Not being funny...but closing the whole classroom for a deep clean was a bit excessive imo....especially when it is a known fact that lice CANNOT live off of hair for longer than a few minutes as they die very quickly from the cold. A major over reaction to a case of headlice I think but hey that's just me!

Quoting Dom519:

I had this same problem when i was Teaching a two year old class at a daycare the mother and father both knew the child had lice but sent him to school anyway. we had to close  the entire classroom clean every inch and tell each parent who were not happy at all then the next day he came back to school his head shaved but the parents didn't give him the lice treatment or treat their home.Sometimes i just don't  understand ppl. 

mrswhite417
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:10 AM
In a daycare setting, it is standard procedure. Lice can live in stuffed animals or pillows for a day or 2 and can therefor reinfect anyone.

Ughhhh now my head itches ):

Quoting mummy24:

Not being funny...but closing the whole classroom for a deep clean was a bit excessive imo....especially when it is a known fact that lice CANNOT live off of hair for longer than a few minutes as they die very quickly from the cold. A major over reaction to a case of headlice I think but hey that's just me!

Quoting Dom519:

I had this same problem when i was Teaching a two year old class at a daycare the mother and father both knew the child had lice but sent him to school anyway. we had to close  the entire classroom clean every inch and tell each parent who were not happy at all then the next day he came back to school his head shaved but the parents didn't give him the lice treatment or treat their home.Sometimes i just don't  understand ppl. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
vinalex0581
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this

one word:

irresponsible

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN