Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mom Confession: "I sent my kid to school with head lice!"

Posted by   + Show Post

Okay, this one gave me the heebie-jeebies JUST WATCHING IT.

My kids have already gotten a couple of "there has been a case of head lice in school" notices this year and if I found out a parent knowingly sent their kid to school with lice I would be PISSED.

And if they had the excuse THIS mom did, I'd be even MORE MAD!

What do you think about what she did - and why she did it?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Replies (131-135):
mommy74146
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:30 AM
That's the one and only time I have ever had lice... From a kid in my Elementary school. Ugh it was awful! I would want to smack a parent for doing this on purpose.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:36 AM
If you wanted to you could throw him under the bus to social services. Four months with that would be considered neglect at the very least.

Quoting hypersquirrel:

I just went thru my 6 yr old dd having lice because of my brother  didnt tell me that my niece had lice for the last 4 months. he and his wife havent even told the school about it. I Called their school and told them and i sure as hell told my school about it. I already treated my dd   before i even sent her to school. I have been keeping reciepts , my bro will be paying me back. there are NO excuses for being a lazy parent! 

mummy24
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, see? I am from England so our children don't start school until they are 3 and a half and I have never used infant childcare so I don't know their procedures in regards to headlice so I cannot speak for them agencies.

Don't get me wrong though...I say you were excessive but I may be just as guilty as when eer my daughters have bought the little lodgers home, I've stripped beds, washed teddies, pillows etc so I do kinda see your point :-)

Quoting Dom519:

I see your point but when you have a classroom of over 18 2 year olds and panicky parents closing down the room to clean and sterilize and remove linen and things for my sake of my mind and for the parents sake of mind and comfortability it was a good decision. the classoom was reopened the next day and everyone did their part to make sure the problem was gone. 

Quoting mummy24:

Not being funny...but closing the whole classroom for a deep clean was a bit excessive imo....especially when it is a known fact that lice CANNOT live off of hair for longer than a few minutes as they die very quickly from the cold. A major over reaction to a case of headlice I think but hey that's just me!

Quoting Dom519:

I had this same problem when i was Teaching a two year old class at a daycare the mother and father both knew the child had lice but sent him to school anyway. we had to close  the entire classroom clean every inch and tell each parent who were not happy at all then the next day he came back to school his head shaved but the parents didn't give him the lice treatment or treat their home.Sometimes i just don't  understand ppl. 

supercarp
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:41 AM

It was irresponsible to send the girl to school with lice when it is so easy to get rid of and potentially embarring for the girl. The medications no longer work, but the live insects can be smothered by completely covering the head with something impervious to air, like mayonnaise,for at least 15 minutes and then removing all of the nits with a good comb, several times. Two of my kids had them, caught them at school. It's a pain, but nothing to get in a snit about. Quit being angry, that only hurts YOU.

GleekingOut
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:46 AM

actually not true - My DD had her first severe case of headlice at 8 by a friend of hers; and I found the damn lice (alive) in a dress up dress on DD's floor that hadn't been touched for 2 days....

Quoting mummy24:

Not being funny...but closing the whole classroom for a deep clean was a bit excessive imo....especially when it is a known fact that lice CANNOT live off of hair for longer than a few minutes as they die very quickly from the cold. A major over reaction to a case of headlice I think but hey that's just me!

Quoting Dom519:

I had this same problem when i was Teaching a two year old class at a daycare the mother and father both knew the child had lice but sent him to school anyway. we had to close  the entire classroom clean every inch and tell each parent who were not happy at all then the next day he came back to school his head shaved but the parents didn't give him the lice treatment or treat their home.Sometimes i just don't  understand ppl. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)