Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mom Confession: "I sent my kid to school with head lice!"

Posted by   + Show Post

Okay, this one gave me the heebie-jeebies JUST WATCHING IT.

My kids have already gotten a couple of "there has been a case of head lice in school" notices this year and if I found out a parent knowingly sent their kid to school with lice I would be PISSED.

And if they had the excuse THIS mom did, I'd be even MORE MAD!

What do you think about what she did - and why she did it?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Replies (21-30):
bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:01 AM
I agree that's selfish. I would have been upset if it were my kids school.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wonderouslife84
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:31 AM
2 moms liked this

she would reather let her child go to school with LICE because she had a hair appointment? what the fuck is wrong with her

Momsthename0609
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:40 AM
I would be pissed if one of my kids caught lice because a parent sent their kid to school knowing they had lice.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nicky2911
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:45 AM

My mom sent me to school with it.... my hair was so thick that it took us literally months to get rid of it. She was on the verge of taking me to the doctor even though we didn't have insurance because I was scratching so much the nape of my neck had actually started bleeding freely.

We had steam-cleaned or washed everything from curtains to carpet to furniture to stuffed animals and seriously every scrap of everyone's clothes trying to get rid of them. We even started washing the dogs every time we did a cycle. Thankfully just as my mom steeled herself to try to figure out a payment method for the doctors (it was a rough time for us) we tried something new she just passed by at walmart while shopping for food. Instant relief! God I remember thinking it felt like heaven. I instantly knew it was over and ran to bleach my hairbrush. Ugh those little things are horrible!

angevil53
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this
She's disgusting. She should go to jail for neglect imo. A frickin hair appt. I want to smash her face.
Schleetle
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:03 PM
Her reasoning was so stupid. When my boys got lice I took care of it that day. I then had to call the school a couple days later to request that their class be checked because my sons told me they didn't check the class after I notified the teacher about the lice. So if your kid gets it make sure to ask, I thought it was standard for the class to be checked afterwards, but the principal told me they normally just send a note home.
Oceana09
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:08 PM

We battled head lice ALL summer long because a friend of mine couldn't keep her headllice ridden daughter at her own house. I battled headlice from March until this past September was the last we had seen of any bugs or eggs. It was terrible. I told her that she needed to stop sending her daughter to the boys and girls club during the day because she was spreading lice to everyone else and she wouldn't listen. I called my friend who's children also went there and him and his wife checked, all 4 of the kids had it and so did the wife. It was terrible..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:09 PM
LOL agreed

Quoting wonderouslife84:

she would reather let her child go to school with LICE because she had a hair appointment? what the fuck is wrong with her

MomTeacher621
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this

They can't exclude kids from school because of lice anymore. There is SO much misinformation about it. You don't get lice because you are dirty or poor or whatever. Actually, lice like clean hair and a nice warm head. Most kids catch it from sharing combs or hats or at sleepovers. Very few actually catch lice at school. Lice don't fly, they can only crawl. Your best defense is to teach your children to NEVER share combs or pony holders or hats and to keep their heads away from their friends.

Now, if this woman knew, she should have treated it right away. But...most kids will not contract it if their parents teach them how to avoid it.

JLS2388
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:24 PM

No other option? Cancel your damn appointment!!! This is rude and I would be so pissed if I found out someone in my kids school did this. There is no reason for a child to go to school with lice, how do you not know that your kid has lice. Even if this mom was going to work, that's not the problem of the other kids in the class or their families.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)