Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confession: "I sent my kid to school with head lice!"

Posted by   + Show Post

Okay, this one gave me the heebie-jeebies JUST WATCHING IT.

My kids have already gotten a couple of "there has been a case of head lice in school" notices this year and if I found out a parent knowingly sent their kid to school with lice I would be PISSED.

And if they had the excuse THIS mom did, I'd be even MORE MAD!

What do you think about what she did - and why she did it?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:26 PM
Quoting MomTeacher621:

They can't exclude kids from school because of lice anymore. There is SO much misinformation about it. You don't get lice because you are dirty or poor or whatever. Actually, lice like clean hair and a nice warm head. Most kids catch it from sharing combs or hats or at sleepovers. Very few actually catch lice at school. Lice don't fly, they can only crawl. Your best defense is to teach your children to NEVER share combs or pony holders or hats and to keep their heads away from their friends.

Now, if this woman knew, she should have treated it right away. But...most kids will not contract it if their parents teach them how to avoid it.

When they do lice checks at my kids school, the kids who have lice are sent home and when they come back, they are checked for lice before they are allowed back in the classroom

kimmykat222
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Bump for later
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:28 PM

wtf that is just nasty!

godsgirl26
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Quoting sweetmissy_05:

Ugh why would you let your kid go to school with head lice? 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Teacher101
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Off topic, but considering dads aren't allowed to make profiles on this site, why is there a man on the panel?

MariannLws
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

What!? Is this mother really that selfish? I think she deserves douch bag of the day award. 

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:54 PM
Selfish
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cryzmom
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:55 PM

I work @ a preschool & have always hated head lice....we send out notices if we find any....you need to treat right away & treat the whole environment....totally NOT COOL...she should have to pay for the whole class to be treated.....I don't understand people sometimes

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:57 PM
I send my dd in the middle of treatment. She had perfect attendance and didn't want to miss a day. Lice don't jump and frankly our school doesn't do checks anymore or even inform parents when someone in the class has it they also don't consider it something you need to miss school for.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:05 PM

When I was in elementary my dad had custody of us kids and we got lice. He forced us to go to school with it and spread it around.

I'd never send my kid to school with lice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured