Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mom Confession: "I sent my kid to school with head lice!"

Posted by   + Show Post

Okay, this one gave me the heebie-jeebies JUST WATCHING IT.

My kids have already gotten a couple of "there has been a case of head lice in school" notices this year and if I found out a parent knowingly sent their kid to school with lice I would be PISSED.

And if they had the excuse THIS mom did, I'd be even MORE MAD!

What do you think about what she did - and why she did it?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Replies (51-60):
Celtic_Dragon
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Why would somebody do this? Probably she is a low income family or is a single working parent and could not afford to take a day off from work. Yeah, yeah, yeah they have "sick days", but if you think that's realistically available for every low income job out there, you are seriously wearing rose-colored glasses.

Losing your employment because your child has to stay home due to lice is not worth losing your job.

sashamom03
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:44 PM
She wanted to get the kid out of her hair.
Pnukey
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:56 PM

The mom said she had an appointment to get her hair done, and that she had scheduled it weeks ago. Her hair isn't going to suffer just because of her kid's nasty condition. She has priorities, sheesh! Of course, they're all f*k'd up priorities.

Quoting Celtic_Dragon:

Why would somebody do this? Probably she is a low income family or is a single working parent and could not afford to take a day off from work. Yeah, yeah, yeah they have "sick days", but if you think that's realistically available for every low income job out there, you are seriously wearing rose-colored glasses.

Losing your employment because your child has to stay home due to lice is not worth losing your job.

loisl25
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Soo selfish!! Think of all the other kids her dd probably passed it to, plus, the mom probably had it too,k and now she's going to a hair salon!? I'm a hairdresser, and a couple of times, I've had parents bring their child to me todo their hair, KNOWING the child had lice. You think I wanna cut their hair, have that child's hair all over me when they have LICE??!! Uh... NO!! One mom even had the nerve to say, " I know, that's why I brought him here." When I pointed out  his lice.

LovelyMommy24
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:01 PM

I would be so upset, there are no words. Why would you even want to do that to your own child, make them sit with a head full of lice, knowingly? Disgusting. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:01 PM

and moms like this is why our family has had to treat 4x just since school started. our family of 6 has had to treat 4x. some dumbass parent keeps sending their kid to school with it, and keeps re-infecting the school, our kindergardner included. who then comes home and gives it to her 3 sisters, and both her dad and I. So then we get to go spend about $150 each time (there are 6 of us remember), wake up in the morning, and then start a day of treatments, washing ALL the bedding, all the stuffed animals, all the clothes in any ones size, and trying to do the daily cooking and cleaning between all of this. It's fucking rediciouslus. The lice repelent shampoo and spray that we use everyday doesn't work forever ya know. eventually she'll end up with it again and we get to treat again. so this dumbass mom and parents like her are why we've spent more this year on lice treatments then we have on all 4 kids christmas presents combined. why my SO now looks like a skinhead because he shaved his head so it'll be one less person to do next time. why we've lost a months worth of weekends and missed fun activitys because of this. Why we're afraid to let her socialize with other kids out side of school. she scratches her head at all and we imeadtly go threw it with the nit comb to check. oh and did I mention 4 out of us 6 have THICK hair? it litreally takes us all day to do our heads. I wanna fucking seriously hurt parents like this!!!

Venae
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Quoting MumaSue:

Both my daughter and I have had lice and her school will not let a child be at school with live lice. With nits, yes but not the lice. It took us forever to get rid of it. If one child has it the whole class is examined.

As for the mom in the video, shame on her. Absolutely not acceptable.

Nits hatch - into lice - the school should have a NO NIT policy.  

ihave1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Shitty mom there. She was only thinking of herself & her "hair appointment" 

ihave1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:07 PM

What's a nit? 

Quoting Venae:

Quoting MumaSue:

Both my daughter and I have had lice and her school will not let a child be at school with live lice. With nits, yes but not the lice. It took us forever to get rid of it. If one child has it the whole class is examined.

As for the mom in the video, shame on her. Absolutely not acceptable.

Nits hatch - into lice - the school should have a NO NIT policy.  

Venae
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Celtic_Dragon:

Tough shit - it's part of being a parent.  If her kid is too much of a burden on her, she should give it up for adoption. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)