Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mom Confession: "I sent my kid to school with head lice!"

Posted by   + Show Post

Okay, this one gave me the heebie-jeebies JUST WATCHING IT.

My kids have already gotten a couple of "there has been a case of head lice in school" notices this year and if I found out a parent knowingly sent their kid to school with lice I would be PISSED.

And if they had the excuse THIS mom did, I'd be even MORE MAD!

What do you think about what she did - and why she did it?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Replies (61-70):
Suitter2010
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I saw my daughter itching like crazy one friday last month. Sadly she had lice. I called the school to let them know and I took the day off from work, treated her hair, cleaned everything and picked, picked picked all weekend. By monday they were no sign of live bugs and the school allowed her back in. last week they had another lice check in her class, she got a sticker for being lice free :) I'm one happy mama!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amnesialand69
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:41 PM

the karma would be if she caught it and had to cut off all of her hair after her appointment she just couldn't miss.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:42 PM
I was having a huge head lice issue a couple of years back. My DDs kept getting it no matter what I did. We finally figured out what was going on. SOs ex kept dying their daughters hair black instead of treating it. Wtf ?? Said she thought it killed it when we questioned her. Whatever. It took three days of combing and combing and combing to finally get all the bugs and nits out of her hair. It was so gross. I swear one pull of the comb through her hair and it would be covered it little black dots. He told her to treat the house and other her kids and we treated her and his son. Haven't had a problem since. For the longest time, any child coming to my house was subject to a head check. I don't care, that craps not fun.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Whoever is a BIG peice of shit/trash.

mommy2annaliese
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:48 PM

A lice egg, there is NO stuff to kill them cause it doesnt penetrate the egg. It hatches into lice, and when you get lice you have to remove EVERY single nit. (there are TONS of them) or else you'll be getting and spreading it again in a few days. 

Quoting ihave1:

What's a nit? 

Quoting Venae:

Quoting MumaSue:

Both my daughter and I have had lice and her school will not let a child be at school with live lice. With nits, yes but not the lice. It took us forever to get rid of it. If one child has it the whole class is examined.

As for the mom in the video, shame on her. Absolutely not acceptable.

Nits hatch - into lice - the school should have a NO NIT policy.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Ugh, wouldn't it be sweet if the hair stylist found lice on her head?

Mocking.Jay
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Meh, keep your kids clean. My son has never had lice, and even when we had notices sent out last year, he did not get any because I am extremely anal retentive with his hygiene. 

I think bed bugs are far worse and more serious to worry about, but head lice? Your kids will live. SMH

manda0810
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Head lice isn't attracted to dirty her it's actually attracted to warm, clean hair. So making sure your son's hygiene is in check probably isn't it. Your son is just probably smart enough to keep his head away from others. 

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

Meh, keep your kids clean. My son has never had lice, and even when we had notices sent out last year, he did not get any because I am extremely anal retentive with his hygiene. 

I think bed bugs are far worse and more serious to worry about, but head lice? Your kids will live. SMH

Mocking.Jay
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I had sleepovers with girls who were infected with lice, and I never got them. 

I also had regular baths and had my hair blow dried, so you tell me, lmao. Maybe I have ugly tasting scalp, idk. LOL.

Quoting manda0810:

Head lice isn't attracted to dirty her it's actually attracted to warm, clean hair. So making sure your son's hygiene is in check probably isn't it. Your son is just probably smart enough to keep his head away from others. 

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

Homeschoolmom99
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:25 PM

For a hair appointment! Good god! I had a roommate who just flat out would not take care of her kids hair and my son got them ugh! I got ahold of her ex and got the okay to shave her kids hair ( his step kids got them too) to get them off the scalp we had to use NEEM oil RIT does not work! I could see if she had a Dr appointment or cancer treatment! WTH did she not take the kid with her?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN