Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confession: "I sent my kid to school with head lice!"

Posted by   + Show Post

Okay, this one gave me the heebie-jeebies JUST WATCHING IT.

My kids have already gotten a couple of "there has been a case of head lice in school" notices this year and if I found out a parent knowingly sent their kid to school with lice I would be PISSED.

And if they had the excuse THIS mom did, I'd be even MORE MAD!

What do you think about what she did - and why she did it?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Replies (91-100):
kelliewhitney
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:16 PM

SHE HAD A HAIR APPOINTMENT!!! Are you kidding me? I have to work when my kids are at school. Even so, I would NEVER send a kid to school with lice. Obviously, she has no job (wihch is great, I used to be a SAHM), but she could have called in sick if she had one, or re-scheduled her hair appointment. I bank all of my sick days for the kids. BTW, I have not had a haircut in 18 months, and my retail store ha a solon on the premisis!.

CityofRosesMama
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I feel sorry for her daughter. Her mom is totally selfish and ego-centric. Think about it... Her daughter has bugs in her hair sucking her blood and she wants a hairdo! That's sad for her daughter. What if her friends at school saw it and she got embarrassed. She should have her daughter's back. She would deserve it if the hairdresser made her leave because she had lice.
TXCatLady
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this

This is no different than the morons who send their children to school with strep...highly contagious and total disregard for others....I feel sorry for the child

TCain0001
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:44 PM
2 moms liked this

My daughter's had lice issues off and on since kindergarten.  Our district had a NO NITS policy......she has to be clean before coming back......however, since she's been in middle school, they don't really check, and if they catch a kid having it, they send them home to be treated, and when you take her back, you have to take the box of what you treated her with (i.e., RID) and show them.  Even now, if she even has a tiny itch, I'm doing a running check because it makes my head crawl.  I make her do a tea tree oil treatment every other shampoo, to prevent reinfestation.  But sending your kid to school with a headful just because you didn't want to reschedule your salon appt.?  Stupid!  That bitch needs her head examined (both inside and out, apparently!).......lol.

Quoting robsangel:

my daughter had it and when we told the school they told us they wouldn't send out a letter to warn the other parents i fought them for a week to do so and failed sooo i went on facebook and notified as many parents as i could that head lice had been in our school sadly my daughter caught it a second time but this time we caught it almost right after she had been infected! i still think my head is crawling and check all our heads 2 times a week because of the lack of cooperation with the school

ncyeomanswife
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:03 PM
This is some of the most disgusting, trifling, lazy bs I've heard. And all for her to get her hair done?! I hope she gets what's coming to her
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Our kids school checks a few times a year and we have been ok, OMG- knock on wood.  We had an experience where we were at a party with a bunch of "friends" and their kids and one kid had lice there.  It got back to us years later that all the other parents were called ......except us to warn them.  A-holes and Ignorant. I would call EVERYONE!!!!!!!

Jami134
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this

You gotta be kidding me!  That's disgusting.  Did it occur to the mom that SHE might have lice as well?  I would have cancelled my hair appointment and treated my daughter AND myself.

Bellarose0212
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:43 AM

I think this video is BS but there is probably a parent out there with a similar excuse.

Obviously you can reschedule a hair appointment.

I never watch these whole videos. Does anyone sit here and care about these mom actors and dad actor and their reactions to things?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:53 AM
What a fucking bitch. At our school we send the kid home when it's discovered and check the rest of the kids in the class. The kid isn't allowed back at school until that head is CLEAN.
cutetush
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:52 AM

my stepson had headlice in his mop of hair, his mom didnt inform us that 'oh by the way he had headlice just a couple weeks ago and the other little kids that come to our house got it from there hosue too', nope just sent him over with a shaved head not even very cut short, and no treatment used.... so of course a week after he was over we found out about him having it from the people whos kids got it from there house and sure enough when we checked our daughter she had it and we kept her home from school, (shes always had perfect attendence, grrr) and her school said they hadnt hadnt had anyone with lice in years and had just had a lice check the week or so before SS had come over and everyone was lice-less...... pretty F-ed up of her not even informing us

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured