Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mom Confession: "I sleep with my child every night!"

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:25 PM
  • 296 Replies

Now, some parents choose to have a family bed because that's what works for everyone in the house.

Other moms (like yours truly) still get stealthy visitors at night when their kids wake up and crawl into mom's bed, often without mom even being aware that it happened (like yours truly). 

But then, we have this mom, who has an entirely different reason for sleeping with her (apparently otherwise nocturnally independent) son.

What are your thoughts about this one? Is it inappropriate? Harmful? Or weird but innocuous, maybe?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Paigesmommy78
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

its weird and inappropiate

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:26 AM
2 moms liked this

Inappropriate to me and all the wrong reasons.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:26 AM
24 moms liked this
I really don't see the huge deal? How is it any different then a family bed sharing?
mom_3.0
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this

My 3 - nearly 4 - year old dd still sleeps in my bed and has since infancy. I may be terrible for it, but it's not really that bad. she sleeps in between us in our king sized bed! We are in the process of giving her room a new makeover complete with new floors and furniture, so hopefully when that gets in there she can start sleeping in her own bed. 

Conner_Ian
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:28 AM

You should add a poll

Mrs.Winchester
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:29 AM
6 moms liked this

I'm all for bed sharing when our children want to sleep with us to feel secure,   but I've never heard of bed sharing for this particular reason.  I'm not sure how I feel about it.  I think mom needs to grow a pair and stop,  kind of.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:29 AM
4 moms liked this

Chick has issues

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:31 AM
35 moms liked this

They hit the nail on the head.....'it's not the son's responsibility....she's not giving him a choice.....she's co-dependent on a 5yo.'

Lady needs a body pillow and to grow up.

stacefaceninja
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:31 AM
8 moms liked this

...lol...it sounded a little "staged" to me...honestly...but if it's real...I don't see anything wrong with it. That's her kid, not mine.

salviniata23
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

i agree sleeping with her child isnt good for him...cause what if her husband is their and after a while the cchild wants her to sleep with her but she then wants to sleep with her husband? i dont sleep with my children. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)