Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Going to be in Boston. What's fun?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Just wondering what are the must sees in Boston?  I was there last year and did Faneuil Hall, the USS Constitution, and a harbor tour.  What touristy/fun places would you hit the first week of December? 

Has anyone done a Harvard Tour?  What about the Old North Church? Favorite restaurants down near the Westin Copley Place?

Thanks! :)

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:38 PM
Replies (21-25):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:30 PM

I was just looking at the Paul Revere House.  Apparently on the 2nd they will have it open with this...

SUNDAY, DECEMBER 2, 9:30-4:15
Traditions of the Season
Admission during the event: adults $5.00, seniors and college students $4.50, children ages 5-17 $1.50

Step back in time to the holiday season in 18th century Boston with a visit to downtown Boston’s two oldest houses, the Paul Revere House (c. 1680) and the neighboring Pierce-Hichborn House (c. 1711). 18th century music and food and drink set the mood while costumed interpreters reveal sometimes surprising colonial holiday customs.

Enjoy complimentary refreshments of mulled cider and delicious treats based on early American recipes served on the first floor of the Pierce-Hichborn House.

Each afternoon from 12 to 4 PM R. P. Hale plays overtures, melodies, and Anglican Advent songs on a harpsichord and hammered dulcimer.

We get in on the 1st so I think I will do this!  Thanks for the recommendation!

Quoting rjsmommy214:

If you follow the freedom trail you can see all sorts of historical sites! I liked the Old North Church and Paul Revere's house.

rjsmommy214
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Sounds like fun! I love Boston. Haven't been in a few years. Oh how I miss it :-) If your kids are going they'd probably like the aquarium. It's nothing spectacular but we don't have aquariums around here so it's always a treat.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was just looking at the Paul Revere House.  Apparently on the 2nd they will have it open with this...

Traditions of the Season
Admission during the event: adults $5.00, seniors and college students $4.50, children ages 5-17 $1.50

Step back in time to the holiday season in 18th century Boston with a visit to downtown Boston’s two oldest houses, the Paul Revere House (c. 1680) and the neighboring Pierce-Hichborn House (c. 1711). 18th century music and food and drink set the mood while costumed interpreters reveal sometimes surprising colonial holiday customs.

Enjoy complimentary refreshments of mulled cider and delicious treats based on early American recipes served on the first floor of the Pierce-Hichborn House.

Each afternoon from 12 to 4 PM R. P. Hale plays overtures, melodies, and Anglican Advent songs on a harpsichord and hammered dulcimer.

Quoting rjsmommy214:

If you follow the freedom trail you can see all sorts of historical sites! I liked the Old North Church and Paul Revere's house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

They are not.  I hate to pull them out of school because my daughter has missed a lot already. 

It's just myself and my husband.  He will be in seminars all day so I will be on my own.  That's ok though.  I so rarely am alone and I know I will enjoy this and feel refreshed when I get back home!  So excited to just HANG!

Quoting rjsmommy214:

Sounds like fun! I love Boston. Haven't been in a few years. Oh how I miss it :-) If your kids are going they'd probably like the aquarium. It's nothing spectacular but we don't have aquariums around here so it's always a treat.

Quoting Anonymous:

Traditions of the Season

Quoting rjsmommy214:

FIREFOX1336
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:16 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Freedom trail took us a couple hours, we walked slow and went through a couple extra museums. My brother lives there and works at Legal Seafoods, he didn't take me there because I don't eat seafood but some of his friends said its one of the best seafood places there.
FIREFOX1336
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:17 PM
Go walk around the Harvard area also, it was just neat to walk through the different shops
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)