Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Going to be in Boston. What's fun?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Just wondering what are the must sees in Boston?  I was there last year and did Faneuil Hall, the USS Constitution, and a harbor tour.  What touristy/fun places would you hit the first week of December? 

Has anyone done a Harvard Tour?  What about the Old North Church? Favorite restaurants down near the Westin Copley Place?

Thanks! :)

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:38 PM
Replies (11-20):
hej818
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:52 PM
duck tour! the freedom trail is a nice walk and historic.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
motherinNH
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting motherinNH:

I love the North End, aka Littly Italy. Tons of great food, plus they have Mikes Pasteries right next to Old North Church!

I just looked up Mike's Pasteries and it looks AWESOME!  Have you been on an Old North Church tour?  Just wondering if it's worth it?

I have done the whole Boston tour with my daughter for middle school. So, I have not taken the North Church tour, however I prefer to just walk around. I live in NH, and may family go to Boston with and without our kids. If you go to the North End Church, you then go out to eat (I love Lucca's) then dessert and coffee at Mikes. This is all within walking distance to the Auquarium and Faniuel Hall

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:57 PM
Bump
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:59 PM

The Boston Tea Party Museum is now open. The Old North Church in the North End is really cool plus all the great Italian restaurants are right there. Make sure you do the Duck Tours. Go to the Top of the Hub if you're near Copley. The views of the city are amazing.  

FIREFOX1336
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:01 PM
I was just there in October, we walked the freedom trail, went whale watching and did the ghost and gravestone tour.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:02 PM
I went there...I thought it was really boring.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:09 PM

I was just looking at the Boston Tea Party Museum and found a link to the Old Town Trolley Tours and if I buy that for around $33 I can get free admission into th BTP Museum.  Score!

I'm going to have to look at Top of the Hub.  I haven't heard of it.  We are staying at the Westin.

Quoting owl0210:

The Boston Tea Party Museum is now open. The Old North Church in the North End is really cool plus all the great Italian restaurants are right there. Make sure you do the Duck Tours. Go to the Top of the Hub if you're near Copley. The views of the city are amazing.  

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:13 PM

It's a restaurant in the Prudential Building on the 52nd floor. It's definitely one of the nicest restaurants in Boston.   

Quoting Anonymous:

I was just looking at the Boston Tea Party Museum and found a link to the Old Town Trolley Tours and if I buy that for around $33 I can get free admission into th BTP Museum.  Score!

I'm going to have to look at Top of the Hub.  I haven't heard of it.  We are staying at the Westin.

Quoting owl0210:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Quoting hej818:

duck tour! the freedom trail is a nice walk and historic.

Do you remember how long it took you to do the Freedom Trail?  I'm guessing that would depend on how fast you walk and how many stops you make to look around.  I'm going to have to look it up on Trip Advisor.  I didnt do it last year when I was there but that's because it was 97 degrees, the hottest day of the year and I had 2 little kids, lol.

rjsmommy214
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:28 PM

If you follow the freedom trail you can see all sorts of historical sites! I liked the Old North Church and Paul Revere's house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)