Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How "scheduled" are your elementary schoolers???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

How much stuff are your kids involved in?

Mine just has a fitness class one day a week.

There is a mom whos kid is in my son's class at school and last Spring she told me that he was in:

Soccer

Basketballl

Baseballl

Karate

Piano Lessons

ALL AT THE SAME TIME.

There were five weeks straiight when soccer, basebal, and basketball were all going on at the same time and they coordinated the practices, as most of the kids were all on the same teams.

Thoughts?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
itsm3
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:59 PM

if the kid likes it, then that's what matters.

my dd is in dance class on saturdays and when swimming opens up for registration (spring), she'll be enrolling in that too.  tae-kwon doe is next year.

grouchymama
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:07 PM

My kids(5,4 and 2) each have swimming lessons and gymnastics. We also have church activities on Wed night.  

At the beginning of the school year the boys also had soccer and an art class and DD had ballet. It was too much for my oldest with kindergarten so we cut back.

jen2150
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:05 PM

I homeschool and have a lot of activities.  We have 2 weekly co-ops, weekly class at a campground, karate 3 times per week.  We have a lot but it is the right amount for us.  I think each family has a different right amount for them.  I will be adding gymnastics for my youngest very soon.  I think it is important for kids to have a say in what they are doing.

locaporbebe
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:11 PM

My 9yo had soccer M-W-TH-SAT and gymnastics TU, and Kung Fu on T-TH. My 12yo only has gymnastics on Wed. THe younger one loves it but she also enjoys Friday and Sunday. I feel bad but the Kung Fu and Soccer only overlapped for a short time. I am trying to get my other daughter to do more but I wont make her. My boys at that age only did soccer and 1 did basketball.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Thoughts?  I think people should mind their own fucking business.

ceciliam
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:13 PM

My son has piano once a week and will be starting basketball, very soon.

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Right now he isn't in anything. We let him try sports or whatever he wants. However, right now he is in nothing extra. We are concentrating on school.

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:15 PM

My kids are in one extra thing at a time.

Oldest DS - basketball is about to start.  One practice and two games a week.  He does work, though.

DD - basketball is year round for her.  Two practices a week and tournaments on most weekends.  We are about to take our winter break - December.  LOL

Youngest DS - he does spring and fall baseball.  Two practices and two games a week.

beerabitch69
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Not my kid not my business.

Mine isn't in any after school activities.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:15 PM

We did tball & taekwon do at the same time.  Next spring I think we'll introduce Piano

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)