Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

all of these fundraisers are ridiculous!!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Every time i turn around i am sending money to school for a product i dont even want just so my kids dont miss out on fun day. as if that is not enough, i have to send money for inhouse field trips. of course they go on regular field trips too. then their are the spirit nights. they have had three fundraisers already this year. anyone else think that schools are going overboard with all this fundraising? i know schools need the money but Geeze!!!!! They do get state and federal funding. my kids are ages 5 and 6. needless to say, they cant exactly go door to door asking neighbors to buy from them. I dont have the time to do it, so the only option is to order it myself. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:14 PM
Replies (11-20):
.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:35 PM

I don't send in a dime. My kids know this and leave their "fund raiser" crap there. I pay enough in property taxes, I'm not going out and peddling crap for the school in my free time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:35 PM
I got so tired of all the fundraising crap that I wrote a check for $250 to the school and told them that I won't be participating in any of their fundraising activities for the rest of the year and this is my contribution.
LntLckrsCmQut
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:36 PM

The only fundraisers we participate in are the Scholastic book orders and the book fair. We don't participate in the door to door stuff and we have already informed the PTA that they are to bypass my children.

anikahaynes1
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:38 PM
At least your school still has field trips. :-/ my DD's school won't be doing any this year and we've already had 3-5 fundraisers.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
confused0701
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Hell we've had like 8 already and we only do like 2 or 3 of them!  I am very particular on which ones we participate in.  Plus the yearbook that set me back $50!  We focus more on our girl scout fundraisers,  she gets more out of it that way and we also do a lot of community service projects as well with her girl scout troop.  Back before halloween we did a food drive and raised over a $1000 dollars in cash and 2 full size pick up truck loads of food which we then took the money bought more food and split everything between the schools food pantry and the local church food pantry.  

Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:45 PM

The only fundraise i haev done is raffle tickets to pay for smart boards for the class and i sold over 75 of those.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:30 PM

the only reason i participate is because they do fun day for any child who sells one item. my kids really enjoy them. and i forgot about the bookfair. we have already had two. also, both of mine are within the same school so everything is x2. 

rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:33 PM

My daughter's elementary school stopped with the fundraising--at the beginning of the school year they ask for a 1 time donation per child of $40 to fund school projects and purchases.  People have really responded well to it, you know you aren't going to have to deal with the selling of candy bars, wrapping paper, etc.

mrswillie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:35 PM

I agree with fundraisers. My kids have never gone door to door. We go to family and friends. Dh also takes some to work.

alwayskk
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:35 PM

My kids school does that, too. If they don't give to the fundraiser, the child doesn't get to participate.

I don't really agree with that. Some parents can't afford to give. 

They also do some fundraisers without notice so my daughter will show up at school and won't get to participate all because they sent the email out at 9 pm the previous night.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN