Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Elective c-section *no bashing please* at least until I get my answer lol

Posted by   + Show Post

So I induced both my children at 39 weeks, why because I wanted to so eat me. Anyway this time around my DR has asked if I would be interesting in a c-section at 37 or 38 weeks. Having never had one it seems like an odd question.

I have fast labor, like the first was 30, the second 20, and who knows this time. So the concern is going into labor at home. 

So my question is if you have had a c-section elective or otherwise would you do it again? And did your stomach go back to normal?

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:02 PM
Replies (11-20):
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I think she means minutes?

Quoting crescentstar2:

And that seems like long labors mine where 9 and 5 hrs 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommyoftwo103
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Mine was a selective c-section. I don't regret it and would do it again. My stomach went back to normal. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Hell no would I get an elective c-section.   That's crazy!

Mom24munchkins
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:10 PM
3 moms liked this
Get a new doctor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Ya that isn't selfish at all!

BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:11 PM
If you never had a csection before why are you concerned with going into labor? Let yourself go into labor and get to the hospital. Lol.

I had a emergency csection with my son. I'm pregnant again and willing be having a planned csection. Based on my history its what I feel comfortable with. I had a vertical incision so I hate my stomach. I'm sure most woman are ok with theirs after though. Well once they heal and are able to work on getting back in shape a little if need be.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
UgtaBkdnMe
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Mine has known since day one I wanted too. The first time around I didn't ask until I was around 30 weeks, just ask. 9 times out of 10 they will be happy too.

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

How do you ask your doc to induce you early?

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:12 PM

I wouldn't recommend it. Its an elective open belly procedure with lots of risks for infection. All three of mine were sections and recovery is much longer and more painful. The last one the doctor did not do internal stitches... she "forgot" o.O and I kept bleeding and had lots of pain. When I went back for my post op check my doctor freaked out. ( he was out of town when I went in to early labor with DS) If I could re-do things I would never ever ever opt willingly for a section.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:12 PM
2 moms liked this

You have a shitty dr if he is offering elective c sections!

UgtaBkdnMe
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:13 PM

It's a concern because it's likely I'll have the baby at home if I go into labor at home. I had my son in less than 20 minutes. With my husbands schedule and the fact that I have no family here it's just scary to think about going to labor alone.

How hard was your recovery?

Quoting BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs:

If you never had a csection before why are you concerned with going into labor? Let yourself go into labor and get to the hospital. Lol.

I had a emergency csection with my son. I'm pregnant again and willing be having a planned csection. Based on my history its what I feel comfortable with. I had a vertical incision so I hate my stomach. I'm sure most woman are ok with theirs after though. Well once they heal and are able to work on getting back in shape a little if need be.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN