Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Elective c-section *no bashing please* at least until I get my answer lol

Posted by   + Show Post

So I induced both my children at 39 weeks, why because I wanted to so eat me. Anyway this time around my DR has asked if I would be interesting in a c-section at 37 or 38 weeks. Having never had one it seems like an odd question.

I have fast labor, like the first was 30, the second 20, and who knows this time. So the concern is going into labor at home. 

So my question is if you have had a c-section elective or otherwise would you do it again? And did your stomach go back to normal?

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:02 PM
Replies (21-30):
echupko
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:13 PM
2 moms liked this
Your dr is an idiot ...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Denecia
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:13 PM
Is that legal? My doctor said mine had to be done at 39 weeks no earlier unless of an emergency. She said that was the law. Also I did not ask to have it earlier and it is a repeat csection
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:13 PM

I had 2 emergency C-sections. I don't think I'll have another child, but if I do, I would go fro the C-section this time, IMHO (and that of my doctor) after 2 medically indicated C-sections, it's too risky to try for a vaginal birth.

If you have no need for a C-section, I personally wouldn't do it. It's not that big of a deal, but recovery is harder and longer. I have no visible scar and my stomach is exactly the same as if I had delivered vaginally, but if I wouldn't have had to have C-sections, I would've never chosen to have one. IMHO, not worth it unless there's a need for it.

Sharon

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:14 PM
Really??? Interesting!!! I mean did you say you were uncomfortable or what? I have a plan I just thought of. My doc rotates doctors and I could say I want a certain doctor to deliver my baby!

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

Mine has known since day one I wanted too. The first time around I didn't ask until I was around 30 weeks, just ask. 9 times out of 10 they will be happy too.

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

How do you ask your doc to induce you early?

sarah.xo
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:15 PM

No, I want my child to come when he is ready not when I want him to.

SweetandSassy12
Hell no
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starlighthippie
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I would never have elective surgery. Why go the more painful route and spend 6 weeks trying to recover from major surgery and possibly have trouble breastfeeding. I would not.

DaiTilley
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:15 PM
I don't understand the purpose. Why did you have to be induced before? Why would you want a c-section with this one?
Sorry, I'm just confused.
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Honestly I am probably going to choose a csection if I have a choice with my next one. I know it's longer to heal and I know all the risks, but I never even had labor with my first. I have anxiety about going into something I haven't experienced before. I think I would be calmer with a csection. However, I am not pregnant and I plan on talking with my doctor about it when the time comes and I may change my mind. My stomach is normal fo rthe most part but I always had a slight pooch and the incision makes my stomach fold over at my pelvis in a way that it didn't before. Now if that has to do with the csection or just the skin stretching a bit from pregnancy, I don't know.

UgtaBkdnMe

Nope I do it strictly for the convienience of planning. My husband works odd shifts and I am often alone with the kids. I just find it easier this way. 

The first time we did it because DH was deployed and would only be home at a certain time. The secound time I did it because the first time was so easy lol

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Really??? Interesting!!! I mean did you say you were uncomfortable or what? I have a plan I just thought of. My doc rotates doctors and I could say I want a certain doctor to deliver my baby!

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

Mine has known since day one I wanted too. The first time around I didn't ask until I was around 30 weeks, just ask. 9 times out of 10 they will be happy too.

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

How do you ask your doc to induce you early?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)