Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Elective c-section *no bashing please* at least until I get my answer lol

Posted by   + Show Post

So I induced both my children at 39 weeks, why because I wanted to so eat me. Anyway this time around my DR has asked if I would be interesting in a c-section at 37 or 38 weeks. Having never had one it seems like an odd question.

I have fast labor, like the first was 30, the second 20, and who knows this time. So the concern is going into labor at home. 

So my question is if you have had a c-section elective or otherwise would you do it again? And did your stomach go back to normal?

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:02 PM
Replies (241-246):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 34 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:46 PM
Of all people, YOU don't want to be bashed?!?! That is hilarious!

You have fast labors, get induced. C-sections come with major risks, it is selfish to elect to have one when having a vaginal birth will do you just fine.
renner450
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Yes, I would. Yes it started to but I stopped working out, if you don't work out it wont go back to normal.

jb0520
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:50 PM
Why c section now and not induction again? I personally wouldn't do it, id ask for induction
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaSusieQ045
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:52 PM
If it wasn't needed and I hadn't had one previously I wouldn't have an elective one, but that's just me
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Allisonc7910
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:56 PM

I  dont know why anyone would want to do them when they are higher risk.  My labor was hard at first but once I got the epidural pushing was a breeze.

-spork2.0-
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:02 PM
Mine may have been because of the high amounts of anxiety meds and me fading in and out of consciousness.. but that would be a liability holding him, not just touching him.

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

Everyone I know IRL were not allowed either. Maybe a kiss on the cheek while whoever was with them held the baby.

Quoting -spork2.0-:

I wasnt even allowed to touch my son. Dh had him.

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

See she was laying against your side. You weren't able to actually hold her.

But it really depends on the hospital and the doctors policy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

I am currently pregnant and terrified of having a c-section.

My reasons?

1) After being cut open it is hours before you get to hold your baby. You have to wait until they finish stitching you up and putting you back together. Then wheel you out of the OR. When I gave birth vaginally DS was pulled out and placed directly on my chest, the cord was cut and then he was on my boob while they deliver my placenta and stitched me up. I loved those first few minutes to bond.

2) it is major surgery!

3) it can interfere with breast feeding.

4) healing time is longer. You said your DH work out of town and you have no family around. Who is going to help with the other kids while you can lift anything, bend over, or climb stairs?

Actually, this isn't true. I had my daughter laying against my side with my husband supporting her right after she was born. It only took about thirty minutes to get all stitched up and put back together, then I was taken back to my room and was able to nurse right away.

However you are right that it is a major surgery and the healing time is longer. I've had two c-sections, the first was an emergency, the second elective because I wasn't a good candidate for vbac. I was able to do everything as I would normally do (barring exercise) within three to five days. But it does hurt quite a bit, especially getting up the first time. If I could have changed it so I wouldn't have had to have the surgeries, I would have.

OP, if I was you, I wouldn't do the c-section unless it was medically necessary. Good luck making your decision! Oh yeah and my stomach isn't exactly back to normal, but you can't see the itty bitty pooch I have going on unless I'm completely naked, because it's so low on my abdomen.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN