Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Elective c-section *no bashing please* at least until I get my answer lol

Posted by   + Show Post

So I induced both my children at 39 weeks, why because I wanted to so eat me. Anyway this time around my DR has asked if I would be interesting in a c-section at 37 or 38 weeks. Having never had one it seems like an odd question.

I have fast labor, like the first was 30, the second 20, and who knows this time. So the concern is going into labor at home. 

So my question is if you have had a c-section elective or otherwise would you do it again? And did your stomach go back to normal?

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:02 PM
Replies (31-40):
Cassie2115
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:16 PM

I've had 2 csections (1st was emergency and second baby was breech and too close to the first to try for a VBAC) and while mine went fine and I have minimal scarring, I would not reccommend having one on purpose. There is so much that can go wrong. Plus recovery can be more difficult because you can't move as easily. Not to mention the pain from the adhesions later on, any time you do anything laborous. I'm having a hard time exercising because I am scared of doing too much and having pain. After my first csection, I had to have a prescription for painkillers to get through the cramps during my period. Unfortunately, my Dr told me that no Dr can ethically allow a VBAC after 2 csections so I'm stuck having csections now :(

UgtaBkdnMe
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:16 PM

I have no idea. I have never had a DR ask if I wanted a c-section before.

Quoting Denecia:

Is that legal? My doctor said mine had to be done at 39 weeks no earlier unless of an emergency. She said that was the law. Also I did not ask to have it earlier and it is a repeat csection

MizzDeeDee
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Are they offering it because of the short labors or did you have complications? Maybe they're afraid you'll have the baby at home?

If I ever have another one I will have a c-section. I have no interest in having a VBAC after the experience I had in labor from induction. It' (c-section) wasn't that bad. To be honest, it was far better then the labor. There was some pain but I didn't even take vany medication for pain and was feeling normal in a few weeks. Just have to make sure it stays clean. That's the big thing. Otherwise...meh, not so bad.

TattoodMommy19
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:17 PM
No I've never had one.

I personally just wouldn't want major surgery like that unless I had absolutely no choice. Like a life or death circumstance. Have you thought about setting up a birth kit in case of emergency delivery at home?

Just me, but I'd love a home birth and would rather UC than schedule a c-section.

Congrats on the baby!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Danotoyou2
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:17 PM
No, I would never have cesareans if I had the choice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UgtaBkdnMe
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:17 PM

I figured it was a really hard recovery. I mean they cut you open.

Quoting Cassie2115:

I've had 2 csections (1st was emergency and second baby was breech and too close to the first to try for a VBAC) and while mine went fine and I have minimal scarring, I would not reccommend having one on purpose. There is so much that can go wrong. Plus recovery can be more difficult because you can't move as easily. Not to mention the pain from the adhesions later on, any time you do anything laborous. I'm having a hard time exercising because I am scared of doing too much and having pain. After my first csection, I had to have a prescription for painkillers to get through the cramps during my period. Unfortunately, my Dr told me that no Dr can ethically allow a VBAC after 2 csections so I'm stuck having csections now :(

Bmama1
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:18 PM
I have a vag delivery, csection than a vbac. My csection wants too bad but the vag deliveries were much better. If I were in your situation, I wouldn't choose a sections especially since your labours are so short.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:18 PM
I'll ask! My boyfriend will have to announce his vacation days so it would be way easier to know ahead of time.

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

Nope I do it strictly for the convienience of planning. My husband works odd shifts and I am often alone with the kids. I just find it easier this way. 

The first time we did it because DH was deployed and would only be home at a certain time. The secound time I did it because the first time was so easy lol

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Really??? Interesting!!! I mean did you say you were uncomfortable or what? I have a plan I just thought of. My doc rotates doctors and I could say I want a certain doctor to deliver my baby!

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

Mine has known since day one I wanted too. The first time around I didn't ask until I was around 30 weeks, just ask. 9 times out of 10 they will be happy too.

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

How do you ask your doc to induce you early?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bshoemaker
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:18 PM

I had a medically necessary c-section and I would not recommend it. It was the most God-awful and painful experience ever. Not something I would take lightly. The recovery time is crazy too.

kissmiss213
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:18 PM

i have never had one, and i wouldnt want one. i get the induction tho (i was induced with all of mine, but my middle was a scheduled one, the other two were for medical reasons). are they worried that you will go into labor early? i get that you labor quickly (btw, lol, kinda jealous at least 12 hours with each here), but if they arent worried about you going into labor quickly then why not just do another scheduled induction?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN