Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Working moms are jealous of stay at home moms!

Posted by   + Show Post

okay maybe just I am lol.. This was my day... I worked from 4-12am.. come home.. haven't seen my husband since Tuesday because of his schedule (6am - 7pm). Crawl into bed.. try to sleep with two small children and two dogs.. up at 7:30am.. rush to get my son ready for preschool.. drop my 4 year old off at 8:45.. take my other son to Strong Start (mom and me program) .. play for 2 hours trying to stay awake..thank god they have coffee because I did not have time to make any or eat. Drag my son kicking and screaming away from his friends to get his brother at 11:15.. drag both of them hungry and whiney to the grocery store after stopping for a new cloth diaper and pants.. because my sons leaked and I forgot to bring one. Yes I was THAT mother.. stripping my kid in the parking lot because leaving my 4 year old strapped in his car seat was easier then dragging them both to the washroom. Feed them while shopping.. still haven't eaten myself.. Grocery shop.. load.. unload.. with two small children one of which has behavioral issues and takes off every two seconds or melts down entirely.. manage to get out of the store.. get home.. unpack groceries.. its now 1pm and I am finally eating..

then i get to clean my house.. get ready for work.. drag the kids to pick up my babysitter because she doesn't drive and she smokes in her house so she has to come to mine.. (she doesn't smoke in my house)..then run to work and deal with behaviorally challenged teens for 8 hours.. get home at midnight.. finally see my husband maybe?

oh and i have a birthday party, a retirement party and my brothers welcome home from Indonesia party to plan for this weekend.. guess where it is? My house.. guess where everyone is staying? my house..

fuck my life.. SAHM's yes I'm hating on you today lol PURE JEALOUS!!!

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:14 PM
Replies (101-110):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Sahms have their fair share too.

I am happy however my husband and kids appreciate all that I do and my devotion.They are so happy I am home:)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:55 PM
Not all sahm's are fat and lazy you ignorant twit.

Quoting danie24:

I have to laugh at the SAHMs who think it's boring, depressing and never have adult interaction.

Here's a thought. Get up off your lazy ass and DO something LOL

Being a SAHM is what you make it. If you want to sit around all day, do nothing and get fat, you will. If you want to do things that are fun and entertaining you will.

danie24
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:56 PM
I know. I am one.
And I'm hot as fuck :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Not all sahm's are fat and lazy you ignorant twit.

Quoting danie24:

I have to laugh at the SAHMs who think it's boring, depressing and never have adult interaction.

Here's a thought. Get up off your lazy ass and DO something LOL

Being a SAHM is what you make it. If you want to sit around all day, do nothing and get fat, you will. If you want to do things that are fun and entertaining you will.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this

i typically like being a SAHM, but there are days when i'm so jealous of working moms.  i miss having lunch with adults, i miss feeling productive, i even miss my 1 hour commute b/c it was quiet "me" time!

lowencope
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Im not really jealous. I just hate driving to and from work. That I could live without. They are talking about letting us work from home which would be bittersweet for me. I'd miss going to the office and interacting with my work ppl. But I would like being more available to my kids when they are sick or dropping by for lunch at my sons school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Keara20
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:59 PM
I was a working mom until recently. Took the month off cuz of hubbys ot and had no sitter so no graveyard shifts for me.. I cab say that I love being home. my house is cleaner, my daughter is happier and my husband and my relationship os better because we actually get sleep. When I was working I was very jealous of Sahm. Next week I'm scheduled. But after talking about it, this will be my last week.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LeiahAsh2012
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:00 PM
Today was slow for us. The animals are all calm and we completed all the chores in about 4 hours.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Country_luv
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Im a working mom...I have a 6 yo & 5 yo. I work from 9-6 six days a week. Im a single mom at that. So I know what the... pull kids out of bed and rush to get them ready, fed & off to school on time is all about. Plus getting me ready, dinner pulled out to thaw or prepare for when I get off work. During my work day I have to take a break, pick my son up from school (daughter is in Pre-K, so her school is open late... Thank God) and bring him back to work with me until 6. Deal with an extremely hyper 6 yo in my office (where Im NOT suppose to have him anyways)... get off work, get my daughter, get home, cook, clean, bathe kids, bedtime story and bed, then its 9pm and Im still in my work clothes & shoes... UGH! Then its beer thirty for my relaxation time and bed... just in time to do it alll over again... BUT I would HATE to be a stay home mom... I use to be one and I was bored out of my mind.. Seemed like all I did was take care of kids & clean. Granted my house was white glove spotless & didnt even look lived in & I never missed any movement my kids made. But still. My conversations were never more than goo goo gah gah. At least working I feel human & Im out in the world... at least during the day. I may not have much more of a life than that. But at least I support my kids myself without ANY help. Being a stay home mom could be very boring & lonely.

AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:20 PM
Lol same.

Quoting sfkdny:

I have ZERO desire to be a SAHM - bash away

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Not me! I am on maternity leave and bored to tears right now.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)