Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Working moms are jealous of stay at home moms!

Posted by   + Show Post

okay maybe just I am lol.. This was my day... I worked from 4-12am.. come home.. haven't seen my husband since Tuesday because of his schedule (6am - 7pm). Crawl into bed.. try to sleep with two small children and two dogs.. up at 7:30am.. rush to get my son ready for preschool.. drop my 4 year old off at 8:45.. take my other son to Strong Start (mom and me program) .. play for 2 hours trying to stay awake..thank god they have coffee because I did not have time to make any or eat. Drag my son kicking and screaming away from his friends to get his brother at 11:15.. drag both of them hungry and whiney to the grocery store after stopping for a new cloth diaper and pants.. because my sons leaked and I forgot to bring one. Yes I was THAT mother.. stripping my kid in the parking lot because leaving my 4 year old strapped in his car seat was easier then dragging them both to the washroom. Feed them while shopping.. still haven't eaten myself.. Grocery shop.. load.. unload.. with two small children one of which has behavioral issues and takes off every two seconds or melts down entirely.. manage to get out of the store.. get home.. unpack groceries.. its now 1pm and I am finally eating..

then i get to clean my house.. get ready for work.. drag the kids to pick up my babysitter because she doesn't drive and she smokes in her house so she has to come to mine.. (she doesn't smoke in my house)..then run to work and deal with behaviorally challenged teens for 8 hours.. get home at midnight.. finally see my husband maybe?

oh and i have a birthday party, a retirement party and my brothers welcome home from Indonesia party to plan for this weekend.. guess where it is? My house.. guess where everyone is staying? my house..

fuck my life.. SAHM's yes I'm hating on you today lol PURE JEALOUS!!!

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:14 PM
Replies (111-114):
buttersworth
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Being one of those hated sahms I can only sympathize -not empathize- with you as a working mom. I can only imagine the difficulties.

I can imagine myself having to push toddlers to get ready at the pace necessary, instead of the slow, procrastinating or sometimes obstinate way a child gets dressed to go out when time is not constrained by a work schedule. I have some time constraints, and the ones I have are difficult to keep. I can better work my day around meals, poopies, tired and/or whiney times and avoid the guilt, for the most part, of having to make them conform to a schedule that is not their own. I would be a wreck if I had to do what you do. I would miss my children during the day when I did work, and hate the fact that the last time I saw them I was havng to be firm to get them, let's say, into the car when they weren't themselves, ready to go. That is what I imagine.

Being a mom, I can empathize. I share similar struggles with my children.

Even though they spend the day with me, half the time they don't want to go to the store. They don't want to hold my hand in the parking lot / sit in the shopping cart. They don't like me in the bathroom, whether dad is home or not, and bang on the door for me. They want my full attention all the time. Because when you are home, you still can't play all day. At least I can't. We have one income so I have to do things myself a lot to save money...groom our dogs, cook from scratch, and unlike many in my town, I can't afford a cleaning lady. Cleaning! Omg! We are home all day, so they rip through every room, tearing it apart basically, pulling things out, destroying furniture at times, crumbs and spills everywhere.

Sometimes I wish I could come home with only the mess from the morning greetng me, when I got them ready. Unfortunately that's not the case and I go all day only to end up with a messy house at night anyway. But I wouldn't give it up for anything. And this is not to pour salt in your wound, but just to illustrate that there are advantages and disadvantages to each lifestyle.

The biggest problem I would have if I were working, would be missing my kids. I don't know how you do that.

lullabylily
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:31 PM
Wow! Hats of to you. I also worked but my schedule are not as crazy as your.
Your weekend looks like crazy fun. BTW, What are your brother doing in Indonesia, I like that country ...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
giftedone78
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:39 PM

I was a SAHM until my Daughter was 4 (now 7) and it was okay. I was bored most of the time but I was able to get back out and work with no problem. Now its like I'm doing it all over again except I'm on sick leave! So no I'm not jealous....been there, done that and will do it again!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:40 PM
God, you get on my nerves. I was one of those SAHMs who indeed thought it was boring, depressing, and no, I had virtually no adult interaction.

I was a SAHM because I was conveniently "laid off" (I.e. asked not to return) after my maternity leave. My LO then had all sorts of health issues in her first year. I looked everywhere for work and could not get hired. We only had enough money to pay our bills and put food on the table.

It wasn't a matter of me getting off my "lazy ass;" it was simple logistics. I had no car, no money, and no access to public transit. I lived rurally and all my friends were childless couples and single women.

I was horridly depressed.

I finally got a job offer when my child was FOUR. I will never, EVER be a SAHM again.

Quoting danie24:

I have to laugh at the SAHMs who think it's boring, depressing and never have adult interaction.

Here's a thought. Get up off your lazy ass and DO something LOL

Being a SAHM is what you make it. If you want to sit around all day, do nothing and get fat, you will. If you want to do things that are fun and entertaining you will.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN