Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Working moms are jealous of stay at home moms!

Posted by   + Show Post

okay maybe just I am lol.. This was my day... I worked from 4-12am.. come home.. haven't seen my husband since Tuesday because of his schedule (6am - 7pm). Crawl into bed.. try to sleep with two small children and two dogs.. up at 7:30am.. rush to get my son ready for preschool.. drop my 4 year old off at 8:45.. take my other son to Strong Start (mom and me program) .. play for 2 hours trying to stay awake..thank god they have coffee because I did not have time to make any or eat. Drag my son kicking and screaming away from his friends to get his brother at 11:15.. drag both of them hungry and whiney to the grocery store after stopping for a new cloth diaper and pants.. because my sons leaked and I forgot to bring one. Yes I was THAT mother.. stripping my kid in the parking lot because leaving my 4 year old strapped in his car seat was easier then dragging them both to the washroom. Feed them while shopping.. still haven't eaten myself.. Grocery shop.. load.. unload.. with two small children one of which has behavioral issues and takes off every two seconds or melts down entirely.. manage to get out of the store.. get home.. unpack groceries.. its now 1pm and I am finally eating..

then i get to clean my house.. get ready for work.. drag the kids to pick up my babysitter because she doesn't drive and she smokes in her house so she has to come to mine.. (she doesn't smoke in my house)..then run to work and deal with behaviorally challenged teens for 8 hours.. get home at midnight.. finally see my husband maybe?

oh and i have a birthday party, a retirement party and my brothers welcome home from Indonesia party to plan for this weekend.. guess where it is? My house.. guess where everyone is staying? my house..

fuck my life.. SAHM's yes I'm hating on you today lol PURE JEALOUS!!!

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:14 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:40 PM
I am jealous of working moms can't wait to get back to work!
acaisha
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Quoting jshalas89:

Ooof this is why I'm glad I'm a SAHM. You should really look into it.

I was for a while but I get bored..then I worked only weekends.. then my husband lost his job so I went back to work full time. We have a $1500 a month mortgage to pay .. you do what you have to do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:41 PM

What you think sahm's have it soo much easier?

Ha try living a day in my shoes!

SiriSilasMom
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:42 PM

I work in lower man too, our phones are stil down.

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Me too!

My office did not have power (I'm in downtown Manhattan) so we were closed for a week.  I was so bored and me, DD and DH were ready to strangle each other.

Quoting SiriSilasMom:

I was home the week of Hurricane Sandy bored to tears, you can keep that. I like going to work.

Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:42 PM
2 moms liked this
(((((Hugs!))))) I hate to tell you this, but the flip side of that coin is many SAHMs are jealous of working moms! The thought of getting to interact with adults daily, get a shower every day, put on real clothes, make-up, real shoes, etc., on a daily basis and the self-esteem issues of creating an income...the grass ain't always greener on the other side of the fence.
MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:42 PM
I love working! I couldn't be a SAHM, I've tried that before and it's not my cup of tea.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
acaisha
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

They are jealous. no doubt. I would be jealous too if someone else was raising MY kids.

Good thing no one else is raising my kids. My babysitter comes from 3:30 until between 5:30 and 8 at the latest. My husband is home or I am home. It's why I work evenings.. so I can be with them. It's just freaken exhausting.

aidyns_mommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:43 PM
I work 12pm-4:30. Get off work. Df gets home at 5:15. I leave for work get home at 2:30am. Eat & try to sleep. Get up at 8am, get ds ready for preschool by 9am. Clean the house a bit, make dinner, grocery shop whatever needs to be done. Then back to work at 12. I am lucky though dsnever have to go to daycare and we both work :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:43 PM
THANK YOU!! It's hard being a working Mom. I get so tired sometimes then add in my aging dad & all his medical problems.
I have to agree I can be jealous sometimes but what would I do sit on the computer all day my child is in school. I just wised life was more evened out somedays.

Quoting justinnaimee:

Same. I can't even imagine. Good luck this weekend. :-)

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

I honestly don't see how working moms do it all. So my hat's off to you.

acaisha
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

What you think sahm's have it soo much easier?

Ha try living a day in my shoes!

I know they do.. I used to be one. I certianly didn't have a day that went from 7:30am to 12:30am non-stop.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)