Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Working moms are jealous of stay at home moms!

Posted by   + Show Post

okay maybe just I am lol.. This was my day... I worked from 4-12am.. come home.. haven't seen my husband since Tuesday because of his schedule (6am - 7pm). Crawl into bed.. try to sleep with two small children and two dogs.. up at 7:30am.. rush to get my son ready for preschool.. drop my 4 year old off at 8:45.. take my other son to Strong Start (mom and me program) .. play for 2 hours trying to stay awake..thank god they have coffee because I did not have time to make any or eat. Drag my son kicking and screaming away from his friends to get his brother at 11:15.. drag both of them hungry and whiney to the grocery store after stopping for a new cloth diaper and pants.. because my sons leaked and I forgot to bring one. Yes I was THAT mother.. stripping my kid in the parking lot because leaving my 4 year old strapped in his car seat was easier then dragging them both to the washroom. Feed them while shopping.. still haven't eaten myself.. Grocery shop.. load.. unload.. with two small children one of which has behavioral issues and takes off every two seconds or melts down entirely.. manage to get out of the store.. get home.. unpack groceries.. its now 1pm and I am finally eating..

then i get to clean my house.. get ready for work.. drag the kids to pick up my babysitter because she doesn't drive and she smokes in her house so she has to come to mine.. (she doesn't smoke in my house)..then run to work and deal with behaviorally challenged teens for 8 hours.. get home at midnight.. finally see my husband maybe?

oh and i have a birthday party, a retirement party and my brothers welcome home from Indonesia party to plan for this weekend.. guess where it is? My house.. guess where everyone is staying? my house..

fuck my life.. SAHM's yes I'm hating on you today lol PURE JEALOUS!!!

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:14 PM
Replies (51-60):
bluedolly01
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:52 PM
You're not the only jealous one. My DH is doing a course next week that will mean at the very least I should be able to at least cut my hours back.

I am also in the process of starting my own home business as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acaisha
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:53 PM

That is how it was with my older kids.. I went to work right after they were born.. sometimes work and school.. I hated it.. now they are 14 and 18 and I missed so much.. I really wanted to be at home with my younger two.. but it just wasn't in the cards for me.. my husband struggles with depression and its hard for him to keep a job.. so unfortunately it falls to me.. He does work but just casual.

Quoting RunningMommaof2:

Oh, I completely understand that!! I used to work 3rd shift and then come home and take care of the kids. Omg it was so hard and I hated it... But you do what you need to sometimes! I swear that time was so stressful that it took years off of my life. I used to just look at the pictures of my kids and cry while I was at work.

Quoting acaisha:

it has nothing to do with not feeling it necessary. Some times you have to work to support your family properly.

Quoting RunningMommaof2:

I guess it depends on the person and their situation. When I worked... I feel like it was killing me inside to be away from my kids. But, I know other people that absolutely hate being a SAHM. They don't feel it as necessary as I do to be with their kids all the time and prefer to work. It just depends. 

nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:53 PM

I'm not jealous of them, but I've always wanted to be a SAHM. I work 40 hours a week, and on a regular weekday I only see my girls for a half hour in the morning before work, and about 2 hours at night after work. That's less than 3 hours a day I get to be with them! It's awful. I hate having to pay out the ass for daycare, and I hate missing all of my 4 month old's "firsts" while she's at daycare. I missed her first time sitting up, her first laughter, and her first time trying to crawl. It breaks my heart.

I am the main breadwinner in my household, I make WAY more than SO, so my job is what pays the bills, buys the food, etc. My SO's income is more disposable because he brings home so little. I couldn't quit my job even if I wanted to, because my skills and education are worth more in the job market than SO's, so I will always get the better jobs out of the two of us. I wish I could be home with my girls all the time. I wish I didn't miss so much. I wish I could afford to be a bigger part of their childhood. :( 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:54 PM

um ok... i get up at 530 am with my 5mo old, then my other two get up (ages 1 & 2) at 6. they take literally maybe a 15min nap during the day, i have to do all the shopping & errands while my SO is at work, & not to mention my 2 yrold & 1yr old are Crazy lil boys very difficult to go grocery shopping by myself with all 3 of them. im constantly cleaning the house & cooking, and guess what my children stay up till1230am sometime 1:00am. ( yess i make them lay down at 8 but like i said they are crazy and dont listen to me very well) So by time i get to bed its like 3 in the morning. im so sleep deprived its crazy.  you have no idea what my life is like, i would much rather work, than stay at home. so next time u might  wanna think before you say SAHM's have it easier, guess what some of us dont!!

Quoting acaisha:

Quoting Anonymous:

What you think sahm's have it soo much easier?

Ha try living a day in my shoes!

I know they do.. I used to be one. I certianly didn't have a day that went from 7:30am to 12:30am non-stop.

acaisha
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Quoting bluedolly01:

You're not the only jealous one. My DH is doing a course next week that will mean at the very least I should be able to at least cut my hours back.

I am also in the process of starting my own home business as well.

good luck! having a home business seems like it would be really tough too.

1L2CMommy
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:54 PM
Op-the week you described is unbelievable! I don't know how you do it! Really good luck, and I hope you get some time with your DH and to enjoy your out of town guests.
I've been a SAHM for 2 years, and I love it, but it's definitely not anymore relaxing! I love the women that claim they would be so bored being home. I wouldn't trade this time with my babies for anything, but it's 3:40 pm here and it's the first time I've sat all day. I have until 4 to relax. Let me tell you about my very normal, average day.
3 am- 2 year old up with a nightmare. She settled right back down after some snuggles, but I was awake until 3:30.
5 am- 11 month old up and ready for bottle. I give her a bottle, put her back in bed, and catch another hour of sleep.
6:30 am- everybody up.
6:30-8:30- hot breakfast for both girls, diapers changed, everyone dressed, load diaper bag, put a load of laundry in, and out the door.
9 am- Doctors visit for 2 year old.
10:30-12:30 am-back home, change pants, switch laundry, baby down for a nap, get something out for dinner, play with 2 year old, make hot lunch.
12:30-3:30- lunch, laundry, dishes, pull out Christmas stuff to put up tomorrow. Put 2 year old down for nap. Give baby a bottle, and put her down for a nap.
4:00- get me ready for 2 year olds Mommy and me dance class at 5.
4:30- 5:30- get DD ready for class, dance class, back home.
5:30-8- make dinner, clean up, baths, bed for kids, hopefully a shower for me, an hour of grown up tv, early to bed for me, or sex with DH, we'll see which one wins!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
acaisha
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this

your children only get 4 and a half hours sleep at night??? you seriously need to get that looked into..

Quoting Anonymous:

um ok... i get up at 530 am with my 5mo old, then my other two get up (ages 1 & 2) at 6. they take literally maybe a 15min nap during the day, i have to do all the shopping & errands while my SO is at work, & not to mention my 2 yrold & 1yr old are Crazy lil boys very difficult to go grocery shopping by myself with all 3 of them. im constantly cleaning the house & cooking, and guess what my children stay up till1230am sometime 1:00am. ( yess i make them lay down at 8 but like i said they are crazy and dont listen to me very well) So by time i get to bed its like 3 in the morning. im so sleep deprived its crazy.  you have no idea what my life is like, i would much rather work, than stay at home. so next time u might  wanna think before you say SAHM's have it easier, guess what some of us dont!!

Quoting acaisha:

Quoting Anonymous:

What you think sahm's have it soo much easier?

Ha try living a day in my shoes!

I know they do.. I used to be one. I certianly didn't have a day that went from 7:30am to 12:30am non-stop.

Misheldonann
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:55 PM
I'm a sahm. I have no idea how working mommies do it. Especially full time. You're quite amazing if you ask me. I'm sure once the kids are all in school, I will go back to
Work, but while Kids are home, I'm too weak to work. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
prettygirl326
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:56 PM

it's cool you admit to it. i think some actually are and try and make us feel bad for it. i honestly would go a bit crazy if i had to do it all.....but i think it would be kinda cool to work and have a social life outside of my house and kids. plus, my babies will get to have social interaction...it's just that when you come home and settle, it is exhausting trying to give attention to kids, home, husband.

ChelseySpelsey
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:56 PM
I used to be a full time working single Mom - I'm a SAHM now, but yeah - it's work. A lot more than you get credit for. So yeah, you go girl!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN