Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Working moms are jealous of stay at home moms!

Posted by   + Show Post

okay maybe just I am lol.. This was my day... I worked from 4-12am.. come home.. haven't seen my husband since Tuesday because of his schedule (6am - 7pm). Crawl into bed.. try to sleep with two small children and two dogs.. up at 7:30am.. rush to get my son ready for preschool.. drop my 4 year old off at 8:45.. take my other son to Strong Start (mom and me program) .. play for 2 hours trying to stay awake..thank god they have coffee because I did not have time to make any or eat. Drag my son kicking and screaming away from his friends to get his brother at 11:15.. drag both of them hungry and whiney to the grocery store after stopping for a new cloth diaper and pants.. because my sons leaked and I forgot to bring one. Yes I was THAT mother.. stripping my kid in the parking lot because leaving my 4 year old strapped in his car seat was easier then dragging them both to the washroom. Feed them while shopping.. still haven't eaten myself.. Grocery shop.. load.. unload.. with two small children one of which has behavioral issues and takes off every two seconds or melts down entirely.. manage to get out of the store.. get home.. unpack groceries.. its now 1pm and I am finally eating..

then i get to clean my house.. get ready for work.. drag the kids to pick up my babysitter because she doesn't drive and she smokes in her house so she has to come to mine.. (she doesn't smoke in my house)..then run to work and deal with behaviorally challenged teens for 8 hours.. get home at midnight.. finally see my husband maybe?

oh and i have a birthday party, a retirement party and my brothers welcome home from Indonesia party to plan for this weekend.. guess where it is? My house.. guess where everyone is staying? my house..

fuck my life.. SAHM's yes I'm hating on you today lol PURE JEALOUS!!!

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:14 PM
Replies (91-100):
fraujones
by Mommytron on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:31 PM

It is me :) And that's twice someone had told me that today!

Quoting angy129:

If that's you in your avi, I think you resemble Claire Danes. 

Quoting fraujones:

I'm exhausted today too. I love my job, but I'm just so busy. And I'm hosting my mom's bday/engagement party this weekend.

But I did get to climb on the roof of my workplace (public library) and take pictures of a funeral procession. It was interesting! I've never been up there before. 

woman_laying_down_while_reading_0071-0810-1617-0647_SMU

Mrs_Nelson
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:45 PM

BUMP!

TresHijas111825
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:35 PM
Me too! Obviously not as far down as you though because we have our phones back and have for at least a week now. I'm on 20th though.

OP I ONLY work 2 days per wk right now and while I'm not paid nearly enough, I do it more for my sanity than anything.

Quoting SiriSilasMom:

I work in lower man too, our phones are stil down.

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Me too!

My office did not have power (I'm in downtown Manhattan) so we were closed for a week.  I was so bored and me, DD and DH were ready to strangle each other.

Quoting SiriSilasMom:

I was home the week of Hurricane Sandy bored to tears, you can keep that. I like going to work.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bluedolly01
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:57 PM
I don't expect it to be easy but its doing something that I love. I am also lucky that my kids are older and both in school. Its also not something that I need to keep "business hours".

Quoting acaisha:

Quoting bluedolly01:

You're not the only jealous one. My DH is doing a course next week that will mean at the very least I should be able to at least cut my hours back.

I am also in the process of starting my own home business as well.

good luck! having a home business seems like it would be really tough too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
danie24
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I have to laugh at the SAHMs who think it's boring, depressing and never have adult interaction.

Here's a thought. Get up off your lazy ass and DO something LOL

Being a SAHM is what you make it. If you want to sit around all day, do nothing and get fat, you will. If you want to do things that are fun and entertaining you will.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AF2011
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Sometimes I wish I was a SAHM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:49 PM
This I would go crazy if I didn't have my own money although I do get a little jealous sometimes cause there are things I miss with DD cause of working....and it seems like between work, house cleaning, and child rearin the work never ends.

Quoting 702girly:

I'd be miserable if I had no income of my own. I just can't live off someone else. It's not in me.

Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:50 PM
I've worked and am a sahm. I love being a sahm.

I wonder if they did a statistic or a poll on working moms vs. Sahm, I wonder if one is linked to having children with something "wrong' with them, i.e. add, autism etc more than the other.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mariesmama
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:51 PM

funny im jealous of working moms and despite applying everywhere,nobody will hire me

xoxoDanicaxoxo
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:52 PM
I'm sorry girl, but on the bright side, being a sahm can get pretty boring if you're used to working.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN