Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Whats the difference between a nanny and a babysitter? Edit

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
Is it just the title or is there an actual difference in job discriptions? ****ETA: this is my situation I watch my moms 3 kids (the fact that its family is irrevelant my moms had other ppl watch them before I started and everyone was the same) I have to be there by 620 am wake my mom up feed the kids breakfast get them dressed and ready for school and take the oldest to the bus stop. Then I come back clean the house a bit. And at 12 mon-thur take the younger 2 to headstart then go home. Fridays and saturdays I watch them all day til mom gets home. I watch them every day that she works while also cleaning her house. I get the same pay wether I watch them for 5 hours or 8.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Nannies are salaried, babysitters are hourly.

UgtaBkdnMe
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:16 PM

IMO a nany comes to my home at my beck and call while a sitter watches kids in her home.

ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Nannies are expected to know what to do to RAISE your child.  Babysitters are expected to not let them choke on miscellaneous shit.

brittany208
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:17 PM

I'm not sure--but when I think of babysitter, I think of a person who watches a child for only a short time, and it could be only once, or more regularly. And when I think of a nanny, I think of a person who cares for a child/children nearly every day all day while the parents are at work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:19 PM
A nanny is a actual paid position. I know you pay baby sitters, most nannies have other benefits, some are live in etc....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)