Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

*sigh* Thanksgiving Dinner @ my house

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:18 PM
  • 14 Replies

has now been cancelled and moved to my bff's house.

I honestly dont know how to feel, well, i feel bad and bitchy and sad and mad (hormonal? i think yest 7 1/2 months preggo).

We have recently moved in to a new home, it had been decided weeks ago that Thanksgiving Dinner would be at my house this year. To celebrate the new home.

2 weeks ago bff told me her sister was going to join us with her kids and hubby, between the two of them the figured out dinner. It bothered me that she didnt ask me first, if it was ok for her to come. since she just sprung it out on me, i was like, um ok sure thats ok, hubby was ok with too.

Last night, her hubby tells me , so you ok with every one coming over right? i said, ya your sister and the kids, that will be fun and ok. bff says no, not just them, she starts listing every one their family who is coming! her family alone are 7 people, plus 4 more with her sister, mine are 5 total. and she  starts going on how about how, her mil, fil and a bunch of other people are coming!

i coulnt contain my self and with out even histation i said no! i am not ok with that, i dont even get along with that part of your family, your dad is a douche, and i hate the way he treats your mom. and lets not forget your tweeker brother and gf, who im sure would come announced with their baby, and the other brother with the gf and the their new baby as well. who are just smoochers and never ever help or provide anything for any gatherings other than their never ending appetite.

i felt so bad after i said it, but i really dont want these people at my house.I feel extremly bad because MIL just fond out she dont have much to live and she wants to spend it with her family. and it would have been nice to have them here but i just i dont like them, or get along with them or trust them and im afraid while they are here they will steal something, because thats the way there are. 

so now not only am i forced to spend Thanksgiving at her house, but with these people as well. Talking their BS about how im a bitch for not opening my doors and so on.

So what makes me sad? that no thanksgiving will happen at our new home and i have everything plannedd out too.

what makes me feel bad? the fact that i denied this dying woman to spend time with her children at my home.

does this make bitchy or heartless?? i feel so confused and really just want to cry over it...

i feel stupid...

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I think your friend was in the wrong for thinking she could just invite everyone over like that without even asking you.  When you start inviting people to someone else's home and planning a meal, then it's time to move the party to your own house.

MrsFlores_2006
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:24 PM

should i feel bad for saying no?

my dh doesnt think so, but my mind says other wise

Homeschoolmom99
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:29 PM

She knew you wanted a small house-warming/thanksgiving and she took over is what happened. My sister did that we where going to Vegas then she told me her sister Vivianne wanted us to come there not at my sisters home. First of all Viviane does not like gays or whites I am gay and married to a white women. Plus everything is on a time routine um no! So I am just plain not going! IF I was you? I would say that I am having braxton hicks and have my own damn thanksgiving! Hell just tell her you are upset some BFF she is!

Quoting Anonymous:

I think your friend was in the wrong for thinking she could just invite everyone over like that without even asking you.  When you start inviting people to someone else's home and planning a meal, then it's time to move the party to your own house.

Homeschoolmom99
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:30 PM

And no you should not feel bad unless she plans to know your just going to host that means sitting back rubbing your belly and being thankful you do not have to cook and clean

MrsFlores_2006
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:31 PM

well i alsmot told her why dont we have dinner here the day before or after, just as long as i didnt have to attend her dinner. but dh thinks im over reacting.

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

She knew you wanted a small house-warming/thanksgiving and she took over is what happened. My sister did that we where going to Vegas then she told me her sister Vivianne wanted us to come there not at my sisters home. First of all Viviane does not like gays or whites I am gay and married to a white women. Plus everything is on a time routine um no! So I am just plain not going! IF I was you? I would say that I am having braxton hicks and have my own damn thanksgiving! Hell just tell her you are upset some BFF she is!

Quoting Anonymous:

702girly
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Don't go. Have Thanksgiving with your family at your house.

It sounds like you didn't invite her entire family, she just decided to spring it on you and figured you would feel too bad to say no. That's really rude and manipulative on her part.

MrsFlores_2006
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:33 PM

lol! thats the only good think i got out of it, there wont be a huge mess for me to clean up that day, only cook. i told her im taking short cuts this year, usually im miss betty crocker and martha stewart rolled in to one, but im tired already my belly is big and dont want to cook every thing from scratch so aside from the turkey, mashed potatos and green bean casserole, everything else will be store bought.

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

And no you should not feel bad unless she plans to know your just going to host that means sitting back rubbing your belly and being thankful you do not have to cook and clean

MrsFlores_2006
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:34 PM

i thought so too that it was a little rude and eventually i will say something to her, but not right now.. she is really a good friend .. just not filtered...

Quoting 702girly:

Don't go. Have Thanksgiving with your family at your house.

It sounds like you didn't invite her entire family, she just decided to spring it on you and figured you would feel too bad to say no. That's really rude and manipulative on her part.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:35 PM
You said how you were honestly feeling! That can be good. Maybe just have your own little family for Thanksgiving. Your bff was in the wrong.
meka26
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:37 PM

I would have told my friend that only she, her spouse, and kids are invited. Everyone else will have to have their own Thanksgiving elsewhere. If she didn't like it, she would be uninvited also. She should not have invited anyone without your permission. If anyone shows up at my house for any function uninvited, I tell them sorry you were not invited,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)