Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SPECIAL NEEDS ...... AND PROUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! s/o ***PHOTO IN REPLIES***

Posted by   + Show Post

Come on in Mum's who are proud of their beautiful children :)    My DS who is 7 years old can not talk hardly at all.  He uses sign and gestures to communicate.   He has balance issues and medical issues.   He goes to a mainstream school with lots of support.   He has a modified program that is different than the other kids in the literacy area.  His maths is at year level.     He can ride his bike with training wheels,  he can kick a ball better than his sister (8)   he laughs, smiles and loves life.    This kid has had to work hard to do everyday normal stuff every day of his life.  sometimes he has to work really hard just to breathe.   walking was very hard for him and took months of blood, sweat and tears from him and me!!!!   everyday he works and works and works.  and he does it with a SMILE!!!!!  he knows he is different but he does not let it stop him.    He is leaning every day.    It is my goal that he can be independant as an adult.   He may not ever go to college but my god he deserves every scrap of assisance and help he can get!!!!

I AM PROUD OF MY SON ERIC!!!!!!!

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:21 PM
Replies (121-128):
briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:44 PM

This is Brian. He turned 2 in September, and he's being evaluated for autism. He's non-verbal, and doesn't understand language very well. He has some sensory issues, and has the developmental age of about 9-12 months old. But he's funny, loving, and such a little snuggle-bug. He brightens up every day of my life, and I wouldn't want him to be anybody but who he is.

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:54 PM

My pretty girl. She is severely autistic and moderately mentally handicapped

livric
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Quoting LoveMyLos:

My 7 yr old. Adhd/odd. Hes also going in for more testing. Very slow process....he has been mental health arrested 3 times.
He smart, hes funny, creative, and he saved my life.
This is a long hard road and is testing all of us. Cant wait for him to be on the path.

Im sorry you are having a rough time!!!  ((hugs)))  He is very cute too :)

livric
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting angelachristine:

My pretty girl. She is severely autistic and moderately mentally handicapped

she is adorable!!!  I love the top pic! :)

livric
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Quoting briansmommy2010:

This is Brian. He turned 2 in September, and he's being evaluated for autism. He's non-verbal, and doesn't understand language very well. He has some sensory issues, and has the developmental age of about 9-12 months old. But he's funny, loving, and such a little snuggle-bug. He brightens up every day of my life, and I wouldn't want him to be anybody but who he is.

awww (hugs)  mama!! he is so special!!!   he looks like a snuggle bug :)

JLah
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:40 PM

My son Stevie age 3 with a speech delay. He goes for more tests after Thanksgiving to seeif anything else.

briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this

He sure is. That isn't even me he's snuggling with. It's one of my closest friends, who he just LOVES.

Quoting livric:

Quoting briansmommy2010:

awww (hugs)  mama!! he is so special!!!   he looks like a snuggle bug :)

livric
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Quoting JLah:

My son Stevie age 3 with a speech delay. He goes for more tests after Thanksgiving to seeif anything else.

oh those eyes and that smile!!!  lol, future heartbreaker for sure!!!  :)  all the best for the tests mama.  let us know how it goes ok :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)