Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SPECIAL NEEDS ...... AND PROUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! s/o ***PHOTO IN REPLIES***

Posted by   + Show Post

Come on in Mum's who are proud of their beautiful children :)    My DS who is 7 years old can not talk hardly at all.  He uses sign and gestures to communicate.   He has balance issues and medical issues.   He goes to a mainstream school with lots of support.   He has a modified program that is different than the other kids in the literacy area.  His maths is at year level.     He can ride his bike with training wheels,  he can kick a ball better than his sister (8)   he laughs, smiles and loves life.    This kid has had to work hard to do everyday normal stuff every day of his life.  sometimes he has to work really hard just to breathe.   walking was very hard for him and took months of blood, sweat and tears from him and me!!!!   everyday he works and works and works.  and he does it with a SMILE!!!!!  he knows he is different but he does not let it stop him.    He is leaning every day.    It is my goal that he can be independant as an adult.   He may not ever go to college but my god he deserves every scrap of assisance and help he can get!!!!

I AM PROUD OF MY SON ERIC!!!!!!!

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:21 PM
Replies (51-60):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Thank you. He is usually always so happy, regardless of the circumstances.

Quoting livric:

Quoting mandee1503:

My little guy has cerebral palsy, polymircogyria, seizures and is delayed. He is my whole world and I wouldn't trade it for anything!

oh he is just GORGEOUS!!!  that smile is AMASING lol!!!  way to go mama!!!!

1boy1girlmama
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:19 PM

This is my little girl with cerebral palsy. She had a brain bleed from lack of oxygen at birth and spent 10 days in the NICU. She was on time.  They gave her to us and said she might not walk, she might not talk, but she might be ok. Ok good luck. 

Today she is 3.5, is advanced verbally she talks at least a year ahead of herself and no doubt she will be reading before kinder.  She goes to a main stream preschool. She walks and has recently started to hop/run. It's funky lookin' but she doesn't care. She only has full use of the right side of her body and is quite agile with her right hand. So much so she didn't even qualify for OT through the school district because she was actually advanced from being so adept with her right hand.  She has been in therapy since she was born. 

The older she is even though she is 'different' the more proud of her I am. She is happy, funny, smart and extremely determined! She is going to be ok!!

**Formerly Keegansmama05** Loving Mama to Keegz & Nikki**bouncing mom

Hellobabies
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:20 PM
3 moms liked this

This post is amazing. I am amazed at the strength and courage of all the mothers with SN children. Your kids are adorable and reading their stories has really touched my heart. 

msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:22 PM
He's so handsome. He almost looks like a cartoon character (like perfect) Rosey cheeks, cute hair. ...

Quoting livric:

This is my Son :D

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1boy1girlmama
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:24 PM

He is adorable. I want to squish his cheeks. Squish Squish :)

Quoting livric:

**Formerly Keegansmama05** Loving Mama to Keegz & Nikki**bouncing mom

livric
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Quoting 1boy1girlmama:

This is my little girl with cerebral palsy. She had a brain bleed from lack of oxygen at birth and spent 10 days in the NICU. She was on time.  They gave her to us and said she might not walk, she might not talk, but she might be ok. Ok good luck. 

Today she is 3.5, is advanced verbally she talks at least a year ahead of herself and no doubt she will be reading before kinder.  She goes to a main stream preschool. She walks and has recently started to hop/run. It's funky lookin' but she doesn't care. She only has full use of the right side of her body and is quite agile with her right hand. So much so she didn't even qualify for OT through the school district because she was actually advanced from being so adept with her right hand.  She has been in therapy since she was born. 

The older she is even though she is 'different' the more proud of her I am. She is happy, funny, smart and extremely determined! She is going to be ok!!

She is beautiful!!  and yeah, these kids a just amasing with their atitude!!

livric
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL, hahaha  I squished them for ya :)

Quoting 1boy1girlmama:

He is adorable. I want to squish his cheeks. Squish Squish :)

Quoting livric:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:16 PM
I don't post pics. My autistic 3 year old DS is preverbal. His school said he is improving in all areas.
livric
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't post pics. My autistic 3 year old DS is preverbal. His school said he is improving in all areas.

Thats great to hear mama!!!  

JamesMom714
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:54 PM
What a great little man. I love your attitude! My DS is 2.5. He only says a few words but is so good at puzzles too!

Quoting Lolaunscripted:

This is my son Austin, he's 2, will be 3 in December. He was recently diagnosed with Autism. He has a significant speech delay and does not socialize very well. I love him with all my heart. 1 in 88 kids are diagnosed with Autism... How LUCKY am I to have gotten that 1 out of 88? His personality shines and he's extremely smart when it comes to figuring out puzzles, he loves music. He has 2 younger siblings whom love him very much too, as he loves them. I'm so proud of my little man.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)