Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SPECIAL NEEDS ...... AND PROUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! s/o ***PHOTO IN REPLIES***

Posted by   + Show Post

Come on in Mum's who are proud of their beautiful children :)    My DS who is 7 years old can not talk hardly at all.  He uses sign and gestures to communicate.   He has balance issues and medical issues.   He goes to a mainstream school with lots of support.   He has a modified program that is different than the other kids in the literacy area.  His maths is at year level.     He can ride his bike with training wheels,  he can kick a ball better than his sister (8)   he laughs, smiles and loves life.    This kid has had to work hard to do everyday normal stuff every day of his life.  sometimes he has to work really hard just to breathe.   walking was very hard for him and took months of blood, sweat and tears from him and me!!!!   everyday he works and works and works.  and he does it with a SMILE!!!!!  he knows he is different but he does not let it stop him.    He is leaning every day.    It is my goal that he can be independant as an adult.   He may not ever go to college but my god he deserves every scrap of assisance and help he can get!!!!

I AM PROUD OF MY SON ERIC!!!!!!!

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:21 PM
Replies (61-70):
1boy1girlmama
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:19 AM

BUMP!

MiniMom411
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:07 PM

I have cerebral Palsy in my left arm and leg. I was born 2 pounds 2 ounces and was not supposed to survive let alone be as vital as I am. I've 21 operations, was in the hospital until I was 11 every year with pnemonia. I got a college degree ( and hope to continue in a few years) I married a Marine and now I'm a SAHM to a 10 month old little boy!  Please if you ever need to talk send me a message or add me. I can tell by looking at him that your little guy is quite the fighter :-) as well as adorable!

Quoting ffpm10:

My cerebral palsy baby :)
We were told he wouldn't survive birth and this is him after the players from our local minor league team all came over to say hi and give him a baseball.
His dream is to be a baseball player. I'm crying typing this because I am so proud of how far he's come.

mommyofblueyes
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this

My 5 year old, Spencer has ASD (PDD-NOS).  He get's ST, OT, and ABA therapy.  It is amazing at how far he has come with his speech.  He loves school, and anything electronic.  He is very smart, and I am one PROUD Mommy!!  

MiniMom411
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this

That is wonderful! I have CP on my left side and during college I married a Marine and finished my degree. I'm now a SAHM . What a cutie!

Quoting 1boy1girlmama:

This is my little girl with cerebral palsy. She had a brain bleed from lack of oxygen at birth and spent 10 days in the NICU. She was on time.  They gave her to us and said she might not walk, she might not talk, but she might be ok. Ok good luck. 

Today she is 3.5, is advanced verbally she talks at least a year ahead of herself and no doubt she will be reading before kinder.  She goes to a main stream preschool. She walks and has recently started to hop/run. It's funky lookin' but she doesn't care. She only has full use of the right side of her body and is quite agile with her right hand. So much so she didn't even qualify for OT through the school district because she was actually advanced from being so adept with her right hand.  She has been in therapy since she was born. 

The older she is even though she is 'different' the more proud of her I am. She is happy, funny, smart and extremely determined! She is going to be ok!!

KedrynsMommie
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:16 PM

This was a little after Kedryn was born 2lbs 11oz 14 3/4 in long at 31 weeks1 he is now 2 1/2, weighs 23lbs has reflux, ftt, gastroparesis, developmental delays but he is definitely stubborn as hell, intelligent beyond belief (read- smart ass!) Lol! Ill post a recent pic too :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyofblueyes
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:16 PM

And, I have to say everyones kids/stories are amazing, and so cute!  (: 

Barronbaby
by Brandi on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:18 PM
I am proud of my big boy! He has brachial plexus palsy and will make a 95% recovery! He was developmentally behind but is catching up. his arm will continue to have off feeling sensations, like the nurse at the hospital noticed the other day when they put the hug on his arm to make his vains pop up, it didnt bother his good arm, but it really really bothered his bad arm and it really hurt a lot when they put the iv in that arm while it hurt with the good arm not nearly as bad (we could tell because of the thrashing around) I am proud to be his mother
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mariesmama
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:26 PM

bump

AlekD
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this
God bless you all for taking such good care of these beautiful souls.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this

This is my stepson Dakota.  He is profoundly autistic.  He is completely non verbal but he knows how to get his point across lol  He is 10 yrs old and just an awesome kid.  He has come a long way in the 6 years I have been in his life, he makes us extremely proud.  Next year he starts a special program at a local high school, this program is designed for his specific needs, we are very excited about it :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)