Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SPECIAL NEEDS ...... AND PROUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! s/o ***PHOTO IN REPLIES***

Posted by   + Show Post

Come on in Mum's who are proud of their beautiful children :)    My DS who is 7 years old can not talk hardly at all.  He uses sign and gestures to communicate.   He has balance issues and medical issues.   He goes to a mainstream school with lots of support.   He has a modified program that is different than the other kids in the literacy area.  His maths is at year level.     He can ride his bike with training wheels,  he can kick a ball better than his sister (8)   he laughs, smiles and loves life.    This kid has had to work hard to do everyday normal stuff every day of his life.  sometimes he has to work really hard just to breathe.   walking was very hard for him and took months of blood, sweat and tears from him and me!!!!   everyday he works and works and works.  and he does it with a SMILE!!!!!  he knows he is different but he does not let it stop him.    He is leaning every day.    It is my goal that he can be independant as an adult.   He may not ever go to college but my god he deserves every scrap of assisance and help he can get!!!!

I AM PROUD OF MY SON ERIC!!!!!!!

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:21 PM
Replies (71-80):
KedrynsMommie
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:34 PM

On Halloween :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
egyptian_mommy
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:34 PM
She's such a beautiful girl.

Quoting Cymbeline:

This is Ciara 2 years ago, at age 7. It's my favourite picture of her.

This was her and my mom a few weeks ago, while we were waiting for the parade.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
egyptian_mommy
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:38 PM
He's a handsome guy. How's his tummy feeling?

Quoting Xat:

This is my handsome little guy. He is 7. He is autistic, adhd, depression, anxiety, IBS, coordination issues, restless leg syndrome and a few other things. He may not do well at school or around kids his own age but I will give him the best opportunity I can. I don't care what anyone says every child deserves the chance to have an education.

egyptian_mommy
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this
This post and all these amazing kids are making me tear up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this
No pics unfortunately. My son is 8 and nonverbal with classic autism. He is still in diapers and barely speaks. He can't tie his shoes or drink from a regular cup. He is exclusively in a self contained classroom and the love of my life.
egyptian_mommy
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:46 PM

His first day of his Special Education preschool. <3
alyssaravensmom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:51 PM

This is Alyssa :). She is 3. She's had complex partial seizures since she was 4 months old. She has very low muscle tone, and acid reflux. Last year she started taking food in to her lungs, so she had a g tube placed in her tummy and eats through that along with meds. She can't sit by herself, walk, talk, she can only hold on to things for a few seconds. She is starting to reach down to grab certain toys to pick up finally!! :). Since she got her g tube she has started progressing. Her seizures went from 5 a day to 1 a week. I hope one day to see her sit by herself, and walk :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Xat
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:25 PM

It's still giving him a lot of trouble. He had an appointment with his neurologist yesterday and they changed his meds. His doctor is hoping it may help a little. We just have to wait and see.

Quoting egyptian_mommy:

Quoting Xat:

This is my handsome little guy. He is 7. He is autistic, adhd, depression, anxiety, IBS, coordination issues, restless leg syndrome and a few other things. He may not do well at school or around kids his own age but I will give him the best opportunity I can. I don't care what anyone says every child deserves the chance to have an education.

Xat
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:26 PM

He is a cute!

Quoting egyptian_mommy:

His first day of his Special Education preschool. <3

egyptian_mommy
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:37 PM
Aww poor guy. Hope the med change gives him some relief.

Quoting Xat:

It's still giving him a lot of trouble. He had an appointment with his neurologist yesterday and they changed his meds. His doctor is hoping it may help a little. We just have to wait and see.

Quoting egyptian_mommy:

Quoting Xat:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)