Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SPECIAL NEEDS ...... AND PROUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! s/o ***PHOTO IN REPLIES***

Posted by   + Show Post

Come on in Mum's who are proud of their beautiful children :)    My DS who is 7 years old can not talk hardly at all.  He uses sign and gestures to communicate.   He has balance issues and medical issues.   He goes to a mainstream school with lots of support.   He has a modified program that is different than the other kids in the literacy area.  His maths is at year level.     He can ride his bike with training wheels,  he can kick a ball better than his sister (8)   he laughs, smiles and loves life.    This kid has had to work hard to do everyday normal stuff every day of his life.  sometimes he has to work really hard just to breathe.   walking was very hard for him and took months of blood, sweat and tears from him and me!!!!   everyday he works and works and works.  and he does it with a SMILE!!!!!  he knows he is different but he does not let it stop him.    He is leaning every day.    It is my goal that he can be independant as an adult.   He may not ever go to college but my god he deserves every scrap of assisance and help he can get!!!!

I AM PROUD OF MY SON ERIC!!!!!!!

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:21 PM
Replies (81-90):
egyptian_mommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:38 PM
Thanks. He is not a fan of pictures these days and it's hard to get one of him looking at me.

Quoting Xat:

He is a cute!

Quoting egyptian_mommy:

His first day of his Special Education preschool. <3

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
livric
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Quoting KedrynsMommie:

On Halloween :)

LOL, that is just soooo cute!!!! :)

tarakay0417
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:34 PM
He is adorable!

Quoting livric:

This is my Son :D

tarakay0417
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this
All of your kids are beautiful, ladies!
livric
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Quoting tarakay0417:

All of your kids are beautiful, ladies!

Thank you :)    It has been hell,  it has been the most amasing journey....  The highest of highs and lowest of lows :)         Having Eric has made me a stronger person and a lot more empathetic and understanding.     

Lolaunscripted
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:16 PM
Thanks haha! Nothing's gonna keep us down. I'm amazed everyday and I know he's gonna keep on surprising us.

Quoting JamesMom714:

What a great little man. I love your attitude! My DS is 2.5. He only says a few words but is so good at puzzles too!

Quoting Lolaunscripted:

This is my son Austin, he's 2, will be 3 in December. He was recently diagnosed with Autism. He has a significant speech delay and does not socialize very well. I love him with all my heart. 1 in 88 kids are diagnosed with Autism... How LUCKY am I to have gotten that 1 out of 88? His personality shines and he's extremely smart when it comes to figuring out puzzles, he loves music. He has 2 younger siblings whom love him very much too, as he loves them. I'm so proud of my little man.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SC_MomofTeens
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Bump for when I'm at the computer and not mobile.

3lighteningbugs
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:29 PM
I have two special needs kiddos. Ds 7 who has CAS childhood apraxia of speech and dd6 who is type 1 diabetic. My oldest is nine and a really good big brother:) op your son is adorable!
Zangum
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:31 PM
She's beautiful!

Quoting Cymbeline:

This is Ciara 2 years ago, at age 7. It's my favourite picture of her.

This was her and my mom a few weeks ago, while we were waiting for the parade.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KA91
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Holding a spot for the morning when I have my laptop.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)