Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I order my Mascara from London!

Posted by   + Show Post
Okay, it sounds fancier than it is....Max Factor 2000 Calorie waterproof mascara is THE BEST on the market--but it's not sold in the US...so I just order it on amazon.com. lol It's not too spendy, and it's sooooooo worth it!

What's your beauty indulgence?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:57 PM
Replies (41-50):
my4kids274
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Nothing really...

fairyjester
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:05 PM

my guess is it makes your lashes look fat?

Quoting Matriarch87:

I dont get it...2000 CALORIE???

"oh look they ate a baby,  how rude"---  Monroe

Apollos82
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:20 PM
Ben Nye makesthe best translucent setting powder I've ever used. Love that stuff... IMATS I have heard of, but never used...I'm going to look in to it now. Have you ever tried/heard of Aquacolor? I have a love/hate relationship with it!

Quoting Anonymous:

The only stage like makeup I use is Sugarpill. Also, if you take a look at IMATS a lot of those brands can be used as stage makeup.

Quoting Apollos82:

Those are all fairly decent brands, but I prefer a little more professional quality... I mean, like theater/film type quality, only because it's what I'm used to working with. I'm a little old school in that, I guess. I use Max Factor and Ben Nye. :) 

Quoting Anonymous:

I love Urban Decay, NARS, MAC, Make up Forever, Smashbox, Dior, Chanel, Laura Marsier, Too Faced, and Tarte.

Quoting Apollos82:

What's your version of top-of-the-line makeup? 

I used to spend a out that much on my shampoo and conditioner, plus other products...but I can't any more. :( Makes me sad. 

Quoting Anonymous:

There are tons of awesome mascara options here in the US so that's kinda silly, but whateves. I spend $60 on my shampoo and conditioner, buy nail polish every time I go shopping and only buy top of the line makeup.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apollos82
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:20 PM
Yup!

Quoting fairyjester:

my guess is it makes your lashes look fat?

Quoting Matriarch87:

I dont get it...2000 CALORIE???

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Firewoman33
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Peter Thomas Roth mega rich moisturizer Not cheap, but awesome stuff. 

Apollos82
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:22 PM
This brand CAN dry out, but the trick is to never "pump" your mascara. A lot of women will unscrew the lid, pump the wand up and down in the tube to get the mascara on the wand, and then use it. All that does is pump air directly into the tube, which will make it dry out. Instead, spin the brush in the tube. :)

Quoting Krystle1216:

I love Christian Dior Dior show mascara only thing is it drys out fairly quickly... confused

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:29 PM
IMATS isn't a brand..lol

Quoting Apollos82:

Ben Nye makesthe best translucent setting powder I've ever used. Love that stuff... IMATS I have heard of, but never used...I'm going to look in to it now. Have you ever tried/heard of Aquacolor? I have a love/hate relationship with it!

Quoting Anonymous:

The only stage like makeup I use is Sugarpill. Also, if you take a look at IMATS a lot of those brands can be used as stage makeup.

Quoting Apollos82:

Those are all fairly decent brands, but I prefer a little more professional quality... I mean, like theater/film type quality, only because it's what I'm used to working with. I'm a little old school in that, I guess. I use Max Factor and Ben Nye. :) 

Quoting Anonymous:

I love Urban Decay, NARS, MAC, Make up Forever, Smashbox, Dior, Chanel, Laura Marsier, Too Faced, and Tarte.

Quoting Apollos82:

What's your version of top-of-the-line makeup? 

I used to spend a out that much on my shampoo and conditioner, plus other products...but I can't any more. :( Makes me sad. 

Quoting Anonymous:

There are tons of awesome mascara options here in the US so that's kinda silly, but whateves. I spend $60 on my shampoo and conditioner, buy nail polish every time I go shopping and only buy top of the line makeup.

SusanD
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:29 PM
I think all of my beauty products are a splurge at this point. The other day I went through looking at how much I spend on beauty products (not to include services: hair cut/color every 6 wks, pedis every 2-4 wks, etc) and I'm averaging around 200-250 a month. Ouch! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeaceMuch
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:31 PM
I have a lot of beauty indulgences. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sburst
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:32 PM
Holy fuck Batman! That's a lot for mascara! SO makes good money, but damn I wouldn't spend that much on mascara! I already hate spending 8 bucks on mine. Lol

Quoting anyotherday:

40 bucks for mascara? I'll pass

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN