Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dear stuck up cashier at walmart-

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Yes I used a discover card to pay for the over 300$ worth of random stuff in my cart, and didn't blink when you told me the total.

And yes, I did use a food stamps card for my 15$ worth of grocerys.

No I won't use the discover card for the food. The discover card isn't mine. Its for WORK. Yes. I said I work. Does that shock you?

The reason she knows what I paid with- the total for the discover made it ask to see the card, which says see id. It is in my name.
And my EBT card has a scratch so it needs to be keyed in.

I can't believe she said that. There is no reason for it. Sucks for her cause I used to work at this store and went and talked to my buddy, the store manager.

I doubt I will see her here again.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:19 PM
Replies (51-60):
Kitschy
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:40 PM

What on earth would a wal mart employee have to be stuck up about?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:41 PM
Cause it is none of her business.I could have paid in dirty pennies and it wouldn't have given her a reason to say anything....

Quoting Bonita131:

Quoting Anonymous:

She said I should have used my discover card rather then my ebt.....

Quoting anyotherday:

so what did she say that was worth getting her fired for?

Why is that so upsetting, you want her fired? Seems to me, the stuck up one was you. 

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:41 PM
You obviously don't understand how a company credit card works. Everything she buys with that card is itemized and if she uses it for personal use, she can be fired. At least that's how my company card works.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry but if you have a credit card you shouldn't be on food stamps. If you charge other stuff why not charge the food too? Oh it's because you don't have to pay for the food. Let others do that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:42 PM
Thanks

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole:

The cleaning supplies and games for the residents were for work. Paid for by her work credit card.

The food was for her family. Paid for by her food stamps.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sooo,you use government assistants for your job? Yeah i wouldve said the same thing.

parentalrights1
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:42 PM
Quoting sunshinebebe26:

I don't think you are stupid enough to think it is okay for employees to speak to customers that way. I think you are just pissed about the fact she gets food stamps. Noone is that dumb unless it is for that reason or they're some stupi teenager which I doubt you are teen and own a business... Jew what kind of service would you provide lol
sunshinebebe26
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Yes that may be , but what did the casheir truly do wrong ? What law did she break? She asked a question what is wrong with asking a question ? As far as OP goes look at how she is acting on here i paid for a whole basket of crap with my credit card without even flinching she is a stuck up woman that thinks everyone should kiss her ass, just calling it like i see her acting ! Why is any of what the casheir did worth her loosing her job over ? 

Quoting parentalrights1:

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

it doesn't matter. She broke the rules of her job so whatever happens is her fault.

If I report a robber and he goes to jail is it my fault he is in jail or should he have not done what he did?

Yes one is a more extreme scenario but the point still stands. The only person responsible for breaking the rules is the one who did it.

If all cashiers decided to be little vigilantes on the job then businesses would suffer. And as for your previous comment, there is no reason to assume OP did anything other than try to pay for everything so dont try to pin the blame on her "behavior".

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:42 PM
No problem.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole:

The cleaning supplies and games for the residents were for work. Paid for by her work credit card.

The food was for her family. Paid for by her food stamps.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sooo,you use government assistants for your job? Yeah i wouldve said the same thing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:44 PM
I have to turn in the slip saying what I got. If there is 1 thing in there that is mine I could loose my job

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole:

You obviously don't understand how a company credit card works. Everything she buys with that card is itemized and if she uses it for personal use, she can be fired. At least that's how my company card works.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry but if you have a credit card you shouldn't be on food stamps. If you charge other stuff why not charge the food too? Oh it's because you don't have to pay for the food. Let others do that.

A.J.s_mommy
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:44 PM
I find the hilarious, and most times unbelievable.

Quoting auntietotty:

I find these "walmart posts" hilarious. When I was a dept. manager at a Walmart, I NEVER heard of any cashiers questioning how a person pays, etc.  Of course I also never witnessed the millions of other things people claim happen at Walmart....(old women questioning their parenting, random strangers commenting on cartloads of junk food,  strangers attacking someone in line because they pay with foodstamps)...It must happen in everyone else's world..because it never happened in mine.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't call her the stuck-up one.  You need to pull the stick out of your @ss and get a life.  I hope to heaven that poor cashier isn't going to lose their job because you felt like being a whiner and abusing friendships to make yourself feel powerful somehow.  You're pathetic.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured