Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Seriously. Why is everything due right before Christmas?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I swear I am out $500 this paycheck for my kid.  $200 for dance team. $50 for Young Astronauts. $150 for soccer and $100 for art club.  

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:21 PM
Replies (41-43):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:23 PM

That's what I thought. After 7 years things like that are suppose to drop off, at least it always has with me. But it was from a bank account he had before I even met him, so I'm not sure if that's why it still counts. Unfortunately we already paid.

Quoting Lckystarz82:

really??? you shouldnt have to pay for that. only thing is funky with debt is student loans...becareful not to pay if you dont have to

Quoting Anonymous:

We had a collection agency come after us for something my husband defaulted on 13 years ago. I thought really, you're doing this now. Didn't help that it was a 2200 dollar debt.

ColieO
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:24 PM
We have a lot lol. Like 10 costumes for my son and 6 for my daughter. He's only getting 2 this year though.

Quoting jarjim:

LOL! I do that too. My kids always love it. My dh took our son to the movies one Christmas and he wore the Bakugan costume he opened that morning. 

Quoting ColieO:

I will get away with cheap shit for as long as possible. I think i can do clearance Halloween costumes for at least another year or 2 lol.

Quoting BEXi:

Im laughing SO hard because I am thinking the same damn thing!! hahahah We can only get away with it for so long you know...

Quoting Anonymous:

Lmfao that's what in thinking this yr I'm due next week already shelled out 1800 for the dr and I owe the hospital 2500 already and I haven't even started Christmas shopping not to mention all the days I've missed off work and will miss off work Im thinking I should have planned better. O well at least my kids still like cheap shit.

Quoting BEXi:

And WHY did I have to pop out my kids surrounding the holidays!? LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Yep, I just realized that after another comment. I didn't even think about that when it came up. I know it's from at least that long ago because it's a bank that we've never had an account at together, so it had to be before we met and we've been together 13 years.

Quoting Anonymous:

Isn't the statute of limitations like 7 years?

Quoting Anonymous:

We had a collection agency come after us for something my husband defaulted on 13 years ago. I thought really, you're doing this now. Didn't help that it was a 2200 dollar debt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)