Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you thought your DH had another child WWYD?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
The situation is sticky the "father" of this other child is not in the picture and no one has ever met him nor does anyone talk of him its like it's taboo. Apparently the father also has another child somewhere but since no one talks of any of it fishing for clues to who this man and this other child is, is like fishing in an empty pond.
The mother to this other child isn't fond of me at all, dislikes me to the point of hate, once again no real reason behind it other then once I was rude because she was happy for my sorrow and gladly told me so. The child looks identical as can be to my DH and very much like my brother-in-law who is way to young (under 10) to be the father so that one is out.

What would you do? Questioning her would lead to drama and DH swears the kid isn't his.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Assume it is a younger brother and feel sorry for your MIL.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Ask her and then ask her to let you do a paternity test ?

ihave1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:24 PM

I would question her about it.  Who gives a fuck what she thinks I want to know  & I will ask any & everyone until I do find out. Or seak some dna & find out myself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:26 PM
It would end badly she would go crazy if i asked anything like that

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Ask her and then ask her to let you do a paternity test ?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:27 PM
I have thought this before, and it hurts, but I'm sure she'd come after him for child support if she thought it was his.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:28 PM
She would make me sound like a psycho and tell everyone that I like that I said she had sex with mtg DH. it would end bad

Quoting ihave1:

I would question her about it.  Who gives a fuck what she thinks I want to know  & I will ask any & everyone until I do find out. Or seak some dna & find out myself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:29 PM
no she wouldn't she a family friend and she knows it would destroy the family's relationship.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have thought this before, and it hurts, but I'm sure she'd come after him for child support if she thought it was his.

ihave1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:06 PM

have a witness with you. a friend of yours.

Quoting Anonymous:

She would make me sound like a psycho and tell everyone that I like that I said she had sex with mtg DH. it would end bad

Quoting ihave1:

Susie19
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Hmmmm....so your DH has slept with that woman or no?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:11 PM
He says he never has

Quoting Susie19:

Hmmmm....so your DH has slept with that woman or no?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)