Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Confession: I work minimum wage jobs because...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I find them interesting. I've never done it because I needed money. It actually kind of sucks, because I'll never know what most people are going through. Im a trust fund baby and so is my husband. I went to college because I had nothing better to do. I will get these jobs and work until
I'm bored then move on. Being a SAHM is okay but there just has to be more to life than being the royal buttwiper.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:30 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:51 PM
I agree there are times I switch shifts or cover for others. There are just some things that are not Negotiable as far as days I won't work

Quoting Anonymous:

The flexibility is really nice. And i will work for people last minute to help them out, so it's not all selfish.

Quoting Anonymous:

I can understand that. I'm a SAHM. My kids are in school. I'm burned out on volunteering at school so I work retail. I keep the job until they can't give me the days off I need and then I move on or not. I'm not working now because I refuse to work the week of thanksgiving

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:52 PM
Im very lucky in that regard but it is sad this is my hobby.

Quoting BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs:

Alrighty.

I can think of much more interesting shit to do with my time, if I had no money worries.

I guess consider yourself lucky that you do it for fun, and not truly trying to support yourself and kids.
iheartmycinco
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:52 PM
If money was not an issue in my house, I would work for fun. I was a sahm when my oldest was young, but I go stir crazy. So I think its cool.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:52 PM
Yep. And no one seems to mind.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree there are times I switch shifts or cover for others. There are just some things that are not Negotiable as far as days I won't work

Quoting Anonymous:

The flexibility is really nice. And i will work for people last minute to help them out, so it's not all selfish.

Quoting Anonymous:

I can understand that. I'm a SAHM. My kids are in school. I'm burned out on volunteering at school so I work retail. I keep the job until they can't give me the days off I need and then I move on or not. I'm not working now because I refuse to work the week of thanksgiving

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Im glad you understand. Im not trying to sound like an a-hole. I just never had a dream or anything.

Quoting iheartmycinco:

If money was not an issue in my house, I would work for fun. I was a sahm when my oldest was young, but I go stir crazy. So I think its cool.
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I thought it might bug me when I had my interview to take the CNA class. I took them via the nursing home so I got paid to do it & thoght. . .job. But once i got on the floor I didn't even think about it & it didnt' bother me. They needed someone to care for them & i focused on that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you ever get used to wiping strangers? I was a hospital volunteer and I used to shudder at the thought of the wrinkly balls and old vaginas the nurses would mention, and the lack of self care. Just ew.

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

hehe :) I was a CNA for quite a while before becoming a SAHM. We use to joke all the time we were professional butt wipers

Quoting Anonymous:

I wish money was any kind of incentive for me. Are you a nurse?

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

I use to be a paid buttwiper.

Prayers for Chuck Pagano, Colts coach. Fighting Leukemia.

Keara20
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:54 PM
Maybe you should do volunteer work, that might be more fulfilling. Plus there are people who actually need your job to pay bills.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:55 PM
I'm very up front when they ask me why I want this job. I honestly think a lot of employers would rather hire someone that is not totally desperate for hours and work it makes it easier if they can't give them a lot of hours

Quoting Anonymous:

Yep. And no one seems to mind.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Willow.wind
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Do volunteer work for the needy or in a museum as a dosant that's what I want to be when I grow up. A dosant in a museum ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:56 PM

I honestly might do the same thing if I had the money to do so. I'm glad you went to college, it's nice to just learn about things. I think I might just go to school forever if I never had to worry about paying for it. I love learning.

I also loved working the jobs I chose when I was younger. I specifically chose each one because it seemed interesting. Michael's craft store, a couple neat restaurants, some fun retail stores, a mall store... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)