Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Confession: I work minimum wage jobs because...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I find them interesting. I've never done it because I needed money. It actually kind of sucks, because I'll never know what most people are going through. Im a trust fund baby and so is my husband. I went to college because I had nothing better to do. I will get these jobs and work until
I'm bored then move on. Being a SAHM is okay but there just has to be more to life than being the royal buttwiper.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:30 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:06 PM
They are interesting for a while. But yes, also because I have no aspirations.

Quoting Anonymous:

If I were in your position, I could think of a million things to do. You said it yourself, it's because you have no dreams or aspirations. There's nothing wrong with that but you should be honest with yourself instead of saying it's because these jobs are so convenient and interesting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:08 PM
In our last house I had a craft suite. I just wasn't very good at anything I tried. I have about 10 half finished scrapbooks and materials for dozens of other projects I ended up donating to nursing homes. I even tried glassblowing and ended up with a huge scar on my wrist from dropping melted glass on it.

Quoting mkh615:

Why don't you start some sort of hobby? There are so many different INTERESTING crafting hobbies that get you involved with people and you could make some money from it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't believe you.

mmeredith
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:09 PM

This is me.

Quoting Anonymous:

I work minimum wage jobs because I was a stupid teenager, who dropped out of school an never got a college degree.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Maybe find a place to volunteer too that interests you.

Grumpylilpixy
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Going to college and getting a education is about doing your lifes passion. It is awesome when you find your passion, it is a great feeling. I actually am sorry you are not motivated enough to find what it is.

elfling811
by Niki on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:10 PM
Interesting :-) I think if I was a trust fund baby I would travel the world and never bother with a job...

Wanna adopt a breast cancer survivor? I am a writer and would be happy to be your ghost-writer if you ever want to do a book about the things you see at work...heehee!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:11 PM

<---- English major. Wouldn't lie to you. Writing is sacred bizness to me.

Quoting Anonymous:

That frightens me if it's true.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:13 PM

spoiled brat

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Why don't you do volunteer work instead???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)