Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yes, I'm going to go where no one else dare to....(This is for those who whine about money)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

It's that time again. Before I start, I have to say, there are exceptions to this...medical issues, cheating spouses, etc...

ONWARD...

Now is the time we hear bitching and moaning about not having money for Christmas. Really? How long have you know it falls on December 25th?

Suggestions for ways to save for Christmas...

1. Stop smoking

2. Instead of buying alcohol, save it.

3. Pack your lunch for work.

4. Water instead of soda.

5. Hang you clothes to save on laundry or electric.

6. Cut you Internet.

7. Cut cable/satellite tv.

8. Sell your jewelry.

9. Sell electronics.

10. bake sale & yard sale in the summer.

11. Get a job

12. Get a second job

13. Stop getting nails done

14. Stop tanning

15. Don't eat out

16. Don't go to the movies, bowling, etc.

17.  Sell Avon, Pamper Chef, Scensy, etc.

18. Use generic

19. Save your "extra pays". If you are paid weekly, their are 4 month you get paid 3 times. If paid biweekly, their are 2.

20. Shop sales and clearance.

21. Use tax refunds for the following Christmas.

The list goes on and on

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:41 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Calm your tits lady it doesn't matter how many times you post this shit people are still going to post their sob stories!

justpeachy71904
by peachy on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:04 PM
I didn't understand the save the extra pay nonsense but we do almost all of that. And we always have Christmas
so rock on
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:04 PM
I'm not broke, but if I were there is absolutely nothing I can cut out. We buy generic, and DH need the Internet for his job. We don't have cable... I have a second job.. lol I'd be screwed!
UgtaBkdnMe
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:06 PM

boom

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Calm your tits lady it doesn't matter how many times you post this shit people are still going to post their sob stories!

lol...My tits

mstkn.identity
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Ummm...you just dont? Lol

Quoting squeekers:

ok, if you turn off your internet, how can you get onto cafemom? i do not have an internet available cell phone.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Quoting justpeachy71904:

I didn't understand the save the extra pay nonsense but we do almost all of that. And we always have Christmas
so rock on

If you live week to week and are paid weekly, generally your budget is based on 4 pays a month, however 4 months a year, will have 5 pays. Same concept for bi-weekly pay, but it only happens 2 times a year.

hismommy2010
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Yes, I'm agreeing with you. Funny you made this post. Because my husband and I have been talking about things like this. Why don't more people do that?

Give up the things YOU as a parent dont really need, plan in advance. Sale things that you don't need or dont use anymore. There are ways.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting hismommy2010:

I do all those things. And we try to start getting a little here and there months prior to christmas. My sons bday and christmas arent far apart. so that makes it a little rougher. My husband is a disabled vet, and I have endometriosis and thyroid issues. so I have constant doc bill and meds for myself. thankfully, my husband gets all his medical needs paid for by the VA>

My point. You plan ahead and try.

Byrd15
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:09 PM

True, I'm actually doing a few of these things for once. :) Mostly the getting my nails done lol. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Quoting mstkn.identity:

Ummm...you just dont? Lol

Quoting squeekers:

ok, if you turn off your internet, how can you get onto cafemom? i do not have an internet available cell phone.

exactly. CM is not a necessity.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured