Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Yes, I'm going to go where no one else dare to....(This is for those who whine about money)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

It's that time again. Before I start, I have to say, there are exceptions to this...medical issues, cheating spouses, etc...

ONWARD...

Now is the time we hear bitching and moaning about not having money for Christmas. Really? How long have you know it falls on December 25th?

Suggestions for ways to save for Christmas...

1. Stop smoking

2. Instead of buying alcohol, save it.

3. Pack your lunch for work.

4. Water instead of soda.

5. Hang you clothes to save on laundry or electric.

6. Cut you Internet.

7. Cut cable/satellite tv.

8. Sell your jewelry.

9. Sell electronics.

10. bake sale & yard sale in the summer.

11. Get a job

12. Get a second job

13. Stop getting nails done

14. Stop tanning

15. Don't eat out

16. Don't go to the movies, bowling, etc.

17.  Sell Avon, Pamper Chef, Scensy, etc.

18. Use generic

19. Save your "extra pays". If you are paid weekly, their are 4 month you get paid 3 times. If paid biweekly, their are 2.

20. Shop sales and clearance.

21. Use tax refunds for the following Christmas.

The list goes on and on

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:41 PM
Replies (41-50):
Sparkey6987
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:19 PM
I absolutely agree, and I'm going through the cheating spouse/divorce insanity. I'd rather starve and scramble to provide, than whine about it. Where does whining get anyone, anyway?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Quoting thetrollcat:

Crossing off the list here then  some details

Quoting Anonymous:

s for ways to save for Christmas...

1. Stop smoking - I like smoking nip its not that expensive geez Really?  

2. Instead of buying alcohol, save it. dont drink

3. Pack your lunch for work. I dont work & hubby comes home and eats  See 11 & 12 

4. Water instead of soda. - we really dont drink soda

5. Hang you clothes to save on laundry or electric. Where am I gonna HANG THE CLOTHES????When needed, I hung mine on hangers across the doorways and shower rod

6. Cut you Internet. - Oh hell no, and leave CM? Are you nuts? Kids come first...or they should

7. Cut cable/satellite tv. - You would hve to kill the hubby first Hubby nneeds to get priorities straight

8. Sell your jewelry. - Um what? Why would I do something stupid like that? For your kids

9. Sell electronics. - Why would I do something stupid like that too see 8

10. bake sale & yard sale in the summer. - Newsflash, summer is over You should have started planning earlier. How long have you know Christmas was Dec. 25th?

11. Get a job - No Im in college full time and focusing on college and family Should have thought about that before you had kids

12. Get a second job - no one has time for a second job lame excuse

13. Stop getting nails done - I chew them off, problem solved

14. Stop tanning - I leave my legs hairy it does give a tannish effect.

15. Don't eat out - Its too cold to eat outside.

16. Don't go to the movies, bowling, etc. - We are cheap and lazy we never do this anyhow

17.  Sell Avon, Pamper Chef, Scensy, etc. - It cost money to sell money LOL

18. Use generic - yuk not all...some

19. Save your "extra pays". If you are paid weekly, their are 4 month you get paid 3 times. If paid biweekly, their are 2. - We are commission

20. Shop sales and clearance. - now this I do :)

21. Use tax refunds for the following Christmas. what tax refund?

The list goes on and on

Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:20 PM

I love it!

Women on here act like Christmas sneaks up on them, lol.  The pathetic thing is in two months there will be a million tax post from the same women who can't afford and whine about Christmas that they are going on a very well deserved vacation.

KayelynnsMama
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:20 PM

AMEN!!

My shopping is DONE and has been since before Halloween. I always make sure that I have money set aside for Christmas. I can not stand to see people upset a week before Christmas because they didn't have money.

Scrap metal, babysitting, saving soda cans, selling things on Craigslist, anything. Even if it's a small amount of money to buy you child a couple gifts it's better than nothing!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:22 PM
What are extra paychecks?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:22 PM

go eat a dick

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

If only that always worked. I work with a lady that had savings and did plan ahead. Cancer took it all away and now she lives paycheck to paycheck.

I'm never struggled financially, but know that events can happen that are out of our control.

I stated, exceptions such as medical issues. Read the OP.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:24 PM

I agree with everything but selling Avon, pampered Chef, etc.  Those things cost money to start out, and you can't guarantee that you will even make money.  I have about 100 friends on FB. out of those people 3 sell pampered chef, 2 sentsy, 2 31 bags.  And these are just the ones off the top of my head.  I am pretty sure there are a few others, but they don't load up their wall with promos.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

What are extra paychecks?

If someone lives paycheck to paycheck, they budget based on 4 pays in a month but 4 months a year they will get 5 pays a month. If they are paid bi-weekly this will happen twice a year.

LiLsMaMa21
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:27 PM

*ScenTsy...js But good points. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)