Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Yes, I'm going to go where no one else dare to....(This is for those who whine about money)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

It's that time again. Before I start, I have to say, there are exceptions to this...medical issues, cheating spouses, etc...

ONWARD...

Now is the time we hear bitching and moaning about not having money for Christmas. Really? How long have you know it falls on December 25th?

Suggestions for ways to save for Christmas...

1. Stop smoking

2. Instead of buying alcohol, save it.

3. Pack your lunch for work.

4. Water instead of soda.

5. Hang you clothes to save on laundry or electric.

6. Cut you Internet.

7. Cut cable/satellite tv.

8. Sell your jewelry.

9. Sell electronics.

10. bake sale & yard sale in the summer.

11. Get a job

12. Get a second job

13. Stop getting nails done

14. Stop tanning

15. Don't eat out

16. Don't go to the movies, bowling, etc.

17.  Sell Avon, Pamper Chef, Scensy, etc.

18. Use generic

19. Save your "extra pays". If you are paid weekly, their are 4 month you get paid 3 times. If paid biweekly, their are 2.

20. Shop sales and clearance.

21. Use tax refunds for the following Christmas.

The list goes on and on

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:41 PM
Replies (51-60):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting thetrollcat:

Crossing off the list here then  some details

Quoting Anonymous:

s for ways to save for Christmas...

1. Stop smoking - I like smoking nip its not that expensive geez Really?  (YES REALLY SO BITE ME)

2. Instead of buying alcohol, save it. dont drink

3. Pack your lunch for work. I dont work & hubby comes home and eats  See 11 & 12 

4. Water instead of soda. - we really dont drink soda

5. Hang you clothes to save on laundry or electric. Where am I gonna HANG THE CLOTHES????When needed, I hung mine on hangers across the doorways and shower rod (We live in a house not a trailer but whatever)

6. Cut you Internet. - Oh hell no, and leave CM? Are you nuts? Kids come first...or they should (Cutting the internet isnt going to save that much secondly I have an online business, thirdly hubby uses the internet for his business as well)

7. Cut cable/satellite tv. - You would hve to kill the hubby first Hubby nneeds to get priorities straight - (His priority is straight, he works for the money, his decision for his own luxury, if that is a problem for you, then that is your problem)

8. Sell your jewelry. - Um what? Why would I do something stupid like that? For your kids UM NO

9. Sell electronics. - Why would I do something stupid like that too see 8
Ya and sell the fucking car too? The answer is hell no 

10. bake sale & yard sale in the summer. - Newsflash, summer is over You should have started planning earlier. How long have you know Christmas was Dec. 25th?

I dont want to do a damn shitty fucking bake sale.

11. Get a job - No Im in college full time and focusing on college and family Should have thought about that before you had kids

I have several certifications and currently changing careers at the age of 41. There is nothing wrong with a career change in your mid life. Dont like it, suck me.

12. Get a second job - no one has time for a second job lame excuse - Not really but then again I wont be surprised if you dont have a job

13. Stop getting nails done - I chew them off, problem solved

14. Stop tanning - I leave my legs hairy it does give a tannish effect.

15. Don't eat out - Its too cold to eat outside.

16. Don't go to the movies, bowling, etc. - We are cheap and lazy we never do this anyhow

17.  Sell Avon, Pamper Chef, Scensy, etc. - It cost money to sell money LOL

18. Use generic - yuk not all...some (MOST)

19. Save your "extra pays". If you are paid weekly, their are 4 month you get paid 3 times. If paid biweekly, their are 2. - We are commission

20. Shop sales and clearance. - now this I do :)

21. Use tax refunds for the following Christmas. what tax refund?

The list goes on and on

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:28 PM
Pampered Chef 155.00 starter kit
Scentsy 99.00 starter kit
Avon was 10.00 idk if they still are

At 10.00 being the cheapest

If you already have 99-155 wouldn't it be wiser to save that, than invest in something that you are not guaranteed to sell or make money from?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:29 PM

It's amusing that the most obvious way is number 11.

There, they're, and their are not interchangable you know.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Hmmmm another exception being fucken homeless you heartless bitch!!!! We never planned on being homeless!!!!!! Fuck you and the horse you rode in on. BTW we both work and HOMELESS!!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

It's that time again. Before I start, I have to say, there are exceptions to this...medical issues, cheating spouses, etc...

ONWARD...

Now is the time we hear bitching and moaning about not having money for Christmas. Really? How long have you know it falls on December 25th?

Suggestions for ways to save for Christmas...

1. Stop smoking

6. Cut you Internet.

8. Sell your jewelry.

9. Sell electronics.

11. Get a job

12. Get a second job

14. Stop tanning

15. Don't eat out

18. Use generic

19. Save your "extra pays". If you are paid weekly, their are 4 month you get paid 3 times. If paid biweekly, their are 2.

The list goes on and on

nataliesmom2012
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting nataliesmom2012:

Not trying to be rude and I apologise ahead of time if it comes off that way because I'm totally with you on this but what exactly is "extra pay"? I don't know about you but my pay checks go to my bills. There is no such thing as "extra pays". At least, not in my house.

If you do a monthly budget, people who are paid weekly, base their budget on 4 pays. 4 times a year, their will be 5 pays in a month. If you are paid bi-weekly, this will happen 2 months a year, so 2 months there will be 3 pays. 

When I was a single parent I always saved this money for Christmas.

OHHH okay makes sense. Unfortunately, we don't get paid weekly or bi-weekly... We get paid on the 1st and the 15th of every month... Sometimes. But thank you for explaining :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:29 PM
Damn. I already do all of those things and I still can't afford Christmas. I guess I just suck at life
Celtic_Dragon
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this

1. Stop smoking

I have never smoked. . .

We do not drink. At all. . .

My husband usually goes without lunch because we are broke. Otherwise, the specials run at the local bar are $5 a piece, which is cheaper than what a packed lunch can potentially cost.

We like soda, but we don't buy enough of it to break the bank. We purchase store brand Crystal Light mixes for dinner.

Meh. I don't really like frozen undergarments.

6. Cut you Internet.

Need this for my work as a journalist.

We have.

8. Sell your jewelry.

What jewelry? The only think we have is our wedding bands. Otherwise, my ears aren't even pierced.

9. Sell electronics.

What electronics? I need my computer to do my job. Otherwise, we have nothing worth more than $100.

We have done this and I e-bay stuff we don't need all the time.

11. Get a job

Have one.

12. Get a second job

Have that too!

I can honestly say I've never gotten a manicure. I occasionally get pedicures but haven't since July. My husband gets horrible callouses on his feet from working on them all day long. I have a home spa where I will scrub the skin off his feet. Occasionally, I will treat him to a pedicure where THEY do all the scrubbing and have the special lotions for it. He deserves that splurge.

14. Stop tanning

I have never used a tanning bed in my life. . .

15. Don't eat out

We do so occasionally but usually when we're on the road and have to.

If we have not done anything else and have made a lot of sacrafices, why can't we treat the family to this once a month, if that?

I was thinking about selling Pure Romance.

18. Use generic

We buy all our soap and cleaning supplies from the Dollar Store.

We usually need this to pay off our outragious fuel bill and other expenses, like new tires as my  husband commutes.

Duh.

That goes into our house savings fund and to pay off fuel bill.

Anything else you want to try to be a stupid bitch about when you're so blinded by ignorance, you can't see that you're walking in a pile of shit?

My kids will have a good Christmas. I always find money somewhere, but it still is a task to do so. I have never complained, I just think you're being stupid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Pampered Chef 155.00 starter kit
Scentsy 99.00 starter kit
Avon was 10.00 idk if they still are

At 10.00 being the cheapest

If you already have 99-155 wouldn't it be wiser to save that, than invest in something that you are not guaranteed to sell or make money from?

ok...1 out of 21. What is the excuse for the rest?

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:31 PM
This has all been said before.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Quoting Celtic_Dragon:

1. Stop smoking

I have never smoked. . .

We do not drink. At all. . .

My husband usually goes without lunch because we are broke. Otherwise, the specials run at the local bar are $5 a piece, which is cheaper than what a packed lunch can potentially cost.

We like soda, but we don't buy enough of it to break the bank. We purchase store brand Crystal Light mixes for dinner.

Meh. I don't really like frozen undergarments.

6. Cut you Internet.

Need this for my work as a journalist.

We have.

8. Sell your jewelry.

What jewelry? The only think we have is our wedding bands. Otherwise, my ears aren't even pierced.

9. Sell electronics.

What electronics? I need my computer to do my job. Otherwise, we have nothing worth more than $100.

We have done this and I e-bay stuff we don't need all the time.

11. Get a job

Have one.

12. Get a second job

Have that too!

I can honestly say I've never gotten a manicure. I occasionally get pedicures but haven't since July. My husband gets horrible callouses on his feet from working on them all day long. I have a home spa where I will scrub the skin off his feet. Occasionally, I will treat him to a pedicure where THEY do all the scrubbing and have the special lotions for it. He deserves that splurge.

14. Stop tanning

I have never used a tanning bed in my life. . .

15. Don't eat out

We do so occasionally but usually when we're on the road and have to.

If we have not done anything else and have made a lot of sacrafices, why can't we treat the family to this once a month, if that?

I was thinking about selling Pure Romance.

18. Use generic

We buy all our soap and cleaning supplies from the Dollar Store.

We usually need this to pay off our outragious fuel bill and other expenses, like new tires as my  husband commutes.

Duh.

That goes into our house savings fund and to pay off fuel bill.

Anything else you want to try to be a stupid bitch about when you're so blinded by ignorance, you can't see that you're walking in a pile of shit?

My kids will have a good Christmas. I always find money somewhere, but it still is a task to do so. I have never complained, I just think you're being stupid.

You call it stupid. I call it realistic.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN